What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will miss your daughter. She was a nice person. :):):)

Now, now. These things happen. I had a 1990 Ford Probe that I really loved. When my son was 16 (I was at a friends doing a project) Itsuko took him out in the Probe for driving practice. When my buddy dropped me off at home later that afternoon there sits my Probe in the driveway with the door and frame caved in. (Someone ran a stop sign and T-boned him). It broke my heart but the fact that no one was injured was the important thing. But damn, it really broke my heart. And I can still hold this over him when I need to.;)

Now, now. These things happen. I had a 1990 Ford Probe that I really loved. When my son was 16 (I was at a friends doing a project) Itsuko took him out in the Probe for driving practice. When my buddy dropped me off at home later that afternoon there sits my Probe in the driveway with the door and frame caved in. (Someone ran a stop sign and T-boned him). It broke my heart but the fact that no one was injured was the important thing. But damn, it really broke my heart. And I can still hold this over him when I need to.;)

Oh I understand as the old saying goes chit happens... but this is wine you know you can't reproduce an exact wine again, you can get close but I'll probly never be able to make that wine again. I had hand picked (individually) 3 buckets of these little monsters going thru all the crappy ones to get only the ripest ones to make this wine. It was fun doing it thuogh and would do it again if givin the chance which hopefully I can do again next year.

Oh this will be a good one for holding over the head 6 gallon carboy busted wine all over the kitchen floor and eventually down the drain this will be remembered for many a moon :)

thing that killed me most was wife in the floor getting up wine crying, I mean that just killed me

Last edited:
You just brought a tear to my eye.... (picked individually 3 buckets)
I have never tasted anything off of the Better Bottles, They are a food grade so they really shouldnt give any off flavors. guess time will tell though. I know guys that have made similar batches in glass & BB and have not noticed a difference.

Just got done racking about 26 gallons of wine and bottled -6 gal Traminette,
7 gal Niagara & 7 gal Concord blended but no name for it yet and also RJS CranApple Chardonnay. They all tasted awesome! Taking a break then back to the dungeon to clean up. About 127 bottles total. :d

Working on my 3rd glass (2 oz each) of Jalapeno Pepper. I think the back of my throat is numb, nut it is oh so good.. I told my wife I could easily (yeah right) drink a full regular size glass of this. It is good.

Other than that getting ready to go watch Frosty with my 3 y/o since I couldn't find a Husky puppy cheap or free for my 18 y/o. If anyone knows of any in the Pgh area, let me know.

Now time to finish the pepper.

Just finished racking and sorbating 30 gallons of 6 different wines, wife and I had to sample all of them, wow. Also finished peeling and cubing a bunch of Papayas and put in the freezer. All of the carboys are full. Hope to bottle something next week. Loren

Loren, I would be interested in seeing the results of your papaya wine. Why don't you repost in to the "Fruit" section of the forum. I am in the process of a 5 gallon batch of papaya. I found that there are some many solids that I am loosing much of my volume after racking.

I moved my Black Cherry / Concord into the secondary last night. Man it was fast. I started it on Sat and it was down to .998 last night. Granted it was only 2 gallons but it was ripping fermentation like I have never seen. It tastes awesome and I can't wait 6 months to try it.. LOL I probably won't... hehehe:dg :r

I moved my Black Cherry / Concord into the secondary last night. Man it was fast. I started it on Sat and it was down to .998 last night. Granted it was only 2 gallons but it was ripping fermentation like I have never seen. It tastes awesome and I can't wait 6 months to try it.. LOL I probably won't... hehehe:dg :r

Brian, I had made a gallon batch of concord/cherry about 7 months ago, I opende a bottle of it a couple of nights ago, it is very good, you are going to like yours. Have you tried making a concord/cranberry? If not give that one a try.

Brian, I had made a gallon batch of concord/cherry about 7 months ago, I opende a bottle of it a couple of nights ago, it is very good, you are going to like yours. Have you tried making a concord/cranberry? If not give that one a try.

Julie, I haven't tried that one. I am not really into cranberry but I did try a kit once that someone make from WE white cranberry and some kind of white grape. It was very good and did not taste like what I thought it would so I might just try your recipe. Is it on the recipe thread?

I'll second that! For t-day we opened the last of the 5 bottles I bottled last November. Not much change from the 6 month point.

I've made/bottled a 3g batch since then and have another 3g of juice on standby.

It was better before Welch's started diluting it with apple juice, but it is still great. I'll be using 71B on the next batch to see if I can get the malic edge off of it.

I'm not sure but I'll post up again, it is for a 1 gallon batch

Getting ready to go to a board meeting, hoping it is a short one, Survivor is on tonight!!!!!!

May attend the public safety meeting this evening. Haven't decided. As far as Christmas Trees, we'll put ours up this weekend and then leave up until Orthodox Christmas (Jan 7). Need to get out and start shopping next week.

Latest posts

Back