What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kat and the kid seem to be sick every weekend. My car is in the shop. Severely limiting my mobility. Damn tire blew on the way to work yesterday. They wont have a replacement (it was under warranty) until monday.
:/
Work's been going well. Pretty busy. HAven't been on here in a few days.
Plans for today include cleaning up a bit. Relaxing a bit.

Only had to do a conference call for work this am and check in a few times today. Far cry from the previous week where I was putting in 14-16 hour days since last Friday the 3rd. I went to Kavic Winery and dropped off a bottle of my Jalapeno Pepper wine to the owners. They are old neighbors when I was in highschool and they wanted to try it. I took my open bottle with me for them to sample. They both said it was interesting. Anyway they had bottle of their Deep Valley Red that the placed in a crock pot type of apparatus and added cinnimon to. It was very good, had a glass of that with them then had a glass of their Deep Valley Blush which I really enjoy. Anyway, I'll be picking up several cases of empties next weekend then they have about a pallet full of emptied for me at their Pgh home. It was a nice 1 1/2 hour visit. We enjoyed wine with friends, sampled the Jalapeno and made arrangements for some bottles.

I also received some nice comments on my Elderberry I gave to them a couple weeks ago. They both said they really enjoyed it. If brought a smile to my face given the fact I've only been making wine a little over a year and receiving compliments on the finished product from them. They are two people I really respect and have always liked from the day I met them.

If anyone is in the Carnegie area, look them up. They are generally only open on the weekends, but during the holidays they have extended hours. You won't be sorry. I stop by there about every other weekend.

http://www.kavicwinery.net

Tell them Doug recommended them.

Good people, great wine.....

Ice Ice Baby.

Ice Ice Baby. It's -15 and dropping in the Great White North (Bemidji, MN). The big snow missed us, but he ice is thickening and I will soon have some fresh walleye and mess of perch!

....peeks around.... was I missed???....anyone remember me???

today I am catching up on homework and housework but I've missed yall (and making wine *sigh*) so I wanted to pop in and say HI!!!

....peeks around.... was I missed???....anyone remember me???

today I am catching up on homework and housework but I've missed yall (and making wine *sigh*) so I wanted to pop in and say HI!!!

Not making wine????? Jeez Nikki that will get you kicked out of the corner!

Ive been so busy and have so little motivation for my free time other than sit on the sofa and zone LOL!!!

Dan, here is a couple of pictures you asked for. Trying to figure this out, don't know if this is going to work

Wine  Dec  2010 001.jpg

Wine  Dec  2010 005.jpg

Loren you did an awesome job! :try Those bottles look great. I see you use magnum bottles also. I bought a case of used ones for extra wine when I'm racking and have to downsize from a larger carboy to a smaller one, but I haven't bottled any yet. Which software program are you using? You did a great job on the labels also.

Thanks for the good comments. My wife is my label maker, we use Avery Dennison, it is a free download. I usually bottle 4 of the magnums out of a five gallon batch.

We had never drank Black Currant wine before, I have read so much about it here on the forum that I decided to make it. This was made from Vintners Harvest . I do believe it could also become our favorite, its a close call between it and Lambrusco Thanks again, Loren

Well just received my used vac pump and I degasses with it last night. I still have to get a few more pieces for it but man you guys are great in recommending getting one of these It works awesome. I will not be lifting any more full carboys.. Ye Haw!! :db:db Got this one fo $62.00 delivered..

vac pump.jpg

Well just received my used vac pump and I degasses with it last night. I still have to get a few more pieces for it but man you guys are great in recommending getting one of these It works awesome. I will not be lifting any more full carboys.. Ye Haw!! :db:db Got this one fo $62.00 delivered..
Where did you get it?

Bottled 11 cases of wine. I will label/capsule them later in the week. We got a boat load of snow (8") between noon and 3:00 and its still coming down.
WOW ! Thats alot of bottling.
NOW you have some EMPTY carboys!.. What to do..????

WOW ! Thats alot of bottling.
NOW you have some EMPTY carboys!.. What to do..????

Ya think? I did the same amount two weeks ago. I have to admit I've been lucky enough to have a helper cork as I bottle. Labels are made just have to print them out and apply.What to do...take a look at my list. I've said this about four times so far this year "need to go to Walkers just one more time and pick up some more Gewürztraminer". This'll keep me busy till Chilean time!:b

Brian, please dont use that unit without an overflow in line especially using it for the first time, It can catch you off guard and go right up the hose fast kind of like when making beer and wham, THE BOIL OVER!!!

Latest posts

Back