What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEA!!! I got my neighbor boy to come over and carry them all down in the basement and carry the chairs up for the wine party Saturday. AHHH my back and heart are feeling good!

Worked today. Came home and pressed the concord grapes. I ended up with a full 1 gallon jug and two magnum bottles of wine. I'm letting it ferment to dry then will blend to stabilize, and sorbate.
Contemplating cleaning some of the 15 cases of wine bottles that Greg gave me. I have close to 20 gallons ready to bottle. I'll be over at Serpent Ridge Saturday morning to help harvest and crush. Very excited!

Bottled the Kenridge Showcase Primitivo/Syrah today. Labels tomorrow and then a quick year long wait to see how it turns out HAHA

Jason

Put my new wine rack together. It's about 1 inch too tall to stack on top of the other one :/ But I did manage to find a place for it nearby.
I then ripped my laptop apart and put a bigger hard drive in and installed windows 7.
So far, so good.
Tomorrow is grape harvest at Serpent Ridge.

I have a big chosre ahead of me.....I've got friends coming over to try out a Pinot Griggio I bottled a while ago....I need all the support I can get to get trough that task!!! :)

I'm about to head out to work,,, again.
I know I sure would like a glass of wine,, but coffee is what it's going to have to be.
I just haven't gotten into the cycle of having my wine at 8am before I go to bed and my coffee at 10pm.
If it turns out I'm off tomorrow and Sunday,,
there be wine in my future.

I fortified 2 gallon of Petit Verdot got it where it is just right oh it is going to be so good after it has aged abit, well guerss I'm going to bed here shortly gonna pick grapes tomorrow hopefully it will be another good day

Last edited:
Got back from Runningwolf's party. Had a really great time. A LOT of great wine. And Dan's Ice wine ROCKS. OMG I never had a wine that tasted that good. Also got the opportunity to meet Kevininpa. I truly enjoyed talking to Kevin, great guy.

Ran my buddies Merlot grapes through my crusher today, cleaned the yard from all the wreckage of all the winds from theb storm.

It's a night off, so I'm trying to kill some time before going to bed when I should really be working...
Weekends off with a night shift can be a PITA. So I'm going to try and get at least to midnight before crashing,, if I can.

Harvested and crushed about 7000 pounds of cab franc and cas sauv today at Serpent Ridge. I even got to pitch the 5 gallons of yeast starter.
Fun day but boy am I sore!

tried to bottle a bottle of almond flavored sparkling apple today I had the temp of then wine at 19 F and the bottles too the keg had about 40 lbs c02 pressure filled the bottle it was not foamy but when I took the counter pressure filler out it sprayed all over the basement i had about two gulps left so I drank it and put my clothes in the laundry. I still don't know how the hell to bottle it.

Pressure way way too high. Are you making a Sparkling Wine? set your co2 to like 5 to dispense. Be sure that you're using champagne bottles with wired closures.

I just came back from pickeing ud 12 dz bottles for 24$, My friend who I,m teaching how to make wine, got herself a floor corker, 60btle wine rack, and 72btles dryer for 80$
Sad story really, the lady's husband died this summer so she's getting rid of the equipment...But it's better in our basement beeing used than in hers reminding her of her husband like she said....

Latest posts

Back