Welcome

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you got on Bob -and the others too for that matter.
Bob I just got home from the market a bit ago and got your e-mail for help. Sorry I did not get it sooner. Glad you made it in though. You know there are some pretty tough security guards at the door and they don't let just anybody in. LOL

I made it...Had a little trouble logging in [no a lot of trouble], but I'm here...I have to admit, I've lurked here before just didn't have time to be two places at the same time.....Things look great here, but will miss the old FVW I'm sure....So Hello to all and let's make some great wines...

Just out of curiosity, how many members were there here before the FVW merger? If I remember correctly, FVW forum had about 8500 members, but only about 100 or so that posted in the last few months. So, if anyone knows, how many were here (pre-merger) and posted/were active?

It's interesting to me that this forum owner wanted to buy essentially just the 'membership' of FVW's forum and database of prior posts, but not to continue the operation of the FVW forum. That surprises me a little. But they know their business better than I do, I suppose. :?

That's what gets me, we had a little over 8500 members here but I know we deleted anyone that only had 1 post or none at all and hadn't been on in some time so I guess we lost a lot of numbers but no sense in transferring false #'s

I think there was a ton of inactive users for sure.

Bart, by combining the forums and the associated plethora of postings this essentially makes WMT the king of the winemaking forums. You must know that this forum survives on click throughs, adspace, sponsors, google rankings etc.

This database of "knowledge" is of course all searchable by google so the more data it has the more results from a wine making related web search point right back here to WMT. This means more $$$ essentially.

I made it as well. Bit of password issues for some reason so finally had to reset it.

Finally made the jump over, heck of a time with the login.

Hello everyone!

I don't understand why so many of the transferred accounts are having troubles logging in while others get right on no problem.....................???????????????

I'm not sure but someone made a comment about a password issue. So maybe some have forgotten their passwords?

I know one of them said it had been so long since they had to actually punch in the user and password they didn't remember them as they are sensitive as far as capitols. I know with Firefox you can look up all your user names and passwords by going into advanced but I would do that offline myself.

Back