WALDO"S PORT..ACT II

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smiley36.gif
Man you are somethin!!!

Thanks Waldo, AS soon as I find out what PM means I will do it? twice!

Hey Sang,

NO I have never lived in BeeBe. My parents both grew up in Biscoe if you know where that spot in the road is located. On Hwy 70 near Devals bluff on the white river. Many, Many relatives there. My parents lost their home in Hurricane Katrina (Gulfport Mississippi) and bailed out and move to BeeBe. My Mom's sister lives next door. There are several family members and close friends that have lived in BeeBe all their life. I bet we know some of the same folks and (you know it is a small world) could be related!

Got to figure out how to "PM" Waldo because I would love to taste his port. I just finished reading Waldo's recipe to my wife and told her "I got to learn how to do this".
Don

Waldo - you crack me up.

ScubaDon - PM means private message. Click on Waldo's name and then you'll see a button that allows you to pm him

Thanks,
Waldo was smart enough to PM me first and then all I had to do was reply. I really didn't know you could do this on this website. This is one wonderful website. It has everything!

ScubaDon said:
Thanks,
I really didn't know you could do this on this website. This is one wonderful website. It has everything!

Including the most freindliest group of wine makers on the net........

And lets not forget our supplier and host........ George.

My wife is going to have to geta second job. They can make her checks out to George

Yep I would have to agree Waldo....Sure sounds like he is Hooked!!! Addicting isn't it!!??
smiley10.gif

Bottled my second batch of "Waldo's Port" this evening. That ole heat gun sure works great on them shrinks too.

waldosportbottled.jpg

The Label I designed for this batch

waldosportbottled4.jpg

I went a step further and made a label with the recipe to put on the bottles. What do you think?

waldosportbottled3.jpg

I am hoping to keep one case hid for at least a year or longer. It is quite good right now but I hope to find out how much better it will get with some age.

Nice touch Waldo, they look great and Scrumpdillyumptious! I need a good special occasion to try the one you sent. We do have our anniversary coming up July 1......... should be aged good by then?

Looks great Waldo, You got 18.9% wiyhout any everclear or Brandy huh. Impressive!

Looks great and i bet it taste good too,like the recipe label on the back

appleman said:
Nice touch Waldo, they look great and Scrumpdillyumptious! I need a good special occasion to try the one you sent. We do have our anniversary coming up July 1......... should be aged good by then?

Sounds like the right plan to me appleman...just hope it doesn't ruin your anniversary
smiley36.gif

wade said:
Looks great Waldo, You got 18.9% wiyhout any everclear or Brandy huh. Impressive!

Not hardly wade, it was fortified with Brandy.

Looks great Waldo!!

Is there a certain temp that port should be seved at?? Never have tried it and with all the excitement over the port kits and scratch ports talked here I thoughtI would give it a try.

I prefer mine at room temp docbee. That is based on the assumption that the room temp is going to be between 60-70 degrees

Waldo, your labels are great, and I love the idea of the recipe on the back label.

I too still have your bottle aging and waiting for the right moment. I need to take it to work with me, were the "right moment" seems to come about every half hour............

I think he wrote the directions on the bottles because of when he lost his book. He figures he cant lose 30 bottles!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back