WALDO"S PORT..ACT II

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

I needed to let everyone know that I just drank aglass of Waldo's Port (Take I) last night.

I thought it was great, very smooth, nice sweetness.

It's been aging since 2005, and it was definitely worth it. It's a well-crafted port, and it was a delicacy to drink it. :) It goes to show that patience DOES make a difference!

Thank you again, my friend, for a wonderful port!

Martina

MARTINA !!!!
smiley31.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley31.gif

I too have recently had a port I have been saving. I was going to share it with the wife on our anniversary, but when she got sick we couldn't drink it. I waited a few more months and finally sucumbed to it's siren calls. It was great, and packed a pretty good whallop. One of these days Waldo will find the man with the brown shorts at his doorstep!

Great to see you here Martina. Don't be such a stranger- I see you over at THE OTHER site a lot!
smiley36.gif

Not over there that often either, but a little more.

I've been very busy with .... a lot of things.... again... and now the waiting game has begun again. I've never meant to be a stranger to the forum, but it's just that the "online" winemaking has taken a lesser role. Real winemaking, however, is still in full swing!!!

At least this year, I think I have a "plan b".... which I'm very upbeat about, but I won't disclose anything until I know for sure.

Anyhow, I really wanted to just say that I loved Waldo's Port (Take I), and it was excellent. Aging for 2 years was a good thing, and I hope that Take II will be even more of a success for him!

:)

Martina

Thanks Martina. Glad you enjoyed it. I am looking forward to getting that Chocolate/Rasberry going

I'm still aging Waldo's bottle of Port that he sent to me..............

It's so hard to open a bottle that's so pretty....... and to find a moment that could possibly be so special to deserve such a wine.

Damn jobe..you aint trying to suck up and getme to send ya another bottle are ya buddy
smiley36.gif

Noooo......... Not me........... Not from the same Batch.......
smiley2.gif
smiley9.gif

Edited by: jobe05

Well, This now "Award Winning Port" I had likeso much I had started another batch some time back and I stabilized, de-gassed this morningand added some Hungarian ( Not Bulgarian) oak to it and will let it bulk age until probably late next Spring.
A picture of the de-gasssing
degassingwaldosport111807.jpg

Picture of the oak added

waldosportoaked111807.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Looks good Waldo. Bulk aging isn't something that I normally do, but it is safer to do it with those really good wines............. keeps them safe against those moments you want a taste........

Whats in the carboys in the background? they look like they are ready for bottling.

jobe05 said:
Looks good Waldo. Bulk aging isn't something that I normally do, but it is safer to do it with those really good wines............. keeps them safe against those moments you want a taste........

Whats in the carboys in the background? they look like they are ready for bottling.

Thanks jobe....The backgrounds are Muscadine and a Shiraz/Muscat blend. They will probably be bottled before Christmas.

What does Muscat taste like? I know what Shiraz is and don't like it, but never had Muscat.

Is it just another dry white wine, or does it have a unique flavor?

It has a very unique, spicy, white wine jobe. Has a hint of tropical fruits that I like and I did a 90% Shiraz and 10% Muscat blend on this one ajnd am hoping that it will be a great one. So far.so good

I don't care for Shiraz but I have heard a lot of people talk about muscat juice.

Would it make a good wine at 100% muscat, or is it that type of juice that is only good mixed with other juice?

I may have to try it. Based on what I heard, it has a real earthy, flowery tones to it.

Wiedeker wines here in Arkansas makes a Muscat that is very good jobe. I have not tried anyone elses'

Latest posts

Back