Silver in Tennessee!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job Jim. Congrats.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wine Making mobile app

Congrats Jim!

Julie, you will LOVE this! I was docked points by a judge because my wine was "brownish." (It is a golden color, like all scuppernong wine that I have ever seen that is made from all-grape recipes is. The only way I know to make it yellow is to add water.)

Bernard, again, my LA silver medal muscadine came back in the view of two judges as oxidized, so it missed a medal. The third judge thought it was fine in that department. I cannot see, taste nor sense any oxidation. It must be because there is a hue to it that they don't like. One judge gave low marks on the flavor characteristics and commented that they were not consistent with the variety. Well OK, but it is 100% muscadine juice. I'll withdraw it from further competition and reserve the last couple bottles for myself.

Thanks to all for the congrats! I opened a bottle of Norton last night to celebrate and assess its progress. Coming along, but still young.

Julie, you will LOVE this! I was docked points by a judge because my wine was "brownish." (It is a golden color, like all scuppernong wine that I have ever seen that is made from all-grape recipes is. The only way I know to make it yellow is to add water.)

Bernard, again, my LA silver medal muscadine came back in the view of two judges as oxidized, so it missed a medal. The third judge thought it was fine in that department. I cannot see, taste nor sense any oxidation. It must be because there is a hue to it that they don't like. One judge gave low marks on the flavor characteristics and commented that they were not consistent with the variety. Well OK, but it is 100% muscadine juice. I'll withdraw it from further competition and reserve the last couple bottles for myself.

Thanks to all for the congrats! I opened a bottle of Norton last night to celebrate and assess its progress. Coming along, but still young.

Interesting, I assume this is the same wine that you sent to Florida that also got called out for "oxidation". Either way, it looks like the people who matter like it. I know that the full grape non diluted muscadine I made prior also had a little bit of a funk to it as well.

Back