REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the comparison between them both -
http://www.allinonewinepump.com/wine-pump-packages/

The deluxe is the most popular - It comes with the flex racking cane with the #6.5 bung and an additional #7.0 bung , additional 5 feet of vacuum resistant racking hose for filtering, the barbs that are somewhat hard to find for the filter housing from filter fast.

The entire set-up for filtering is approx 30 dollars delivered to your location, from filter fast.

I have had the standard model for about 2 yrs. and it has worked very well. I haven't used the filter yet ,but will soon. I e-mailed Steve a question and got a prompt phone-call back. Great customer service. I can recommend this product.

On my first try at filtering, I did have some air leaks. Do you normally use clamps on the hose? The barbs were wrapped with teflon tape before installing but still seemed to bottom out.

I should have run a water test first but didn't. The leak appeared to be on the intake side or in the filter housing. I was afraid to over tighten the housing, it being plastic, but it was very snug.

On my first try at filtering, I did have some air leaks. Do you normally use clamps on the hose? The barbs were wrapped with teflon tape before installing but still seemed to bottom out.

I should have run a water test first but didn't. The leak appeared to be on the intake side or in the filter housing. I was afraid to over tighten the housing, it being plastic, but it was very snug.

I don't use clamps, because the hose that I give out needs to be heated up a bit in order to fit on the barbs because it is such a tight fit.

Please refer to the filter setup on my webpage -
http://www.allinonewinepump.com/product/wine-filter-setup/

If you are still getting some bubbles thru the outlet it can be 2 reasons -
It is pulling any additional CO2 out using a vacuum while pulling it thru the pores of the filter causing the CO2 to be forced out-

Or you are sucking in air - try water first to remove any possibilities of CO2 removal

I hope this helps

You should only put approx 2 full wraps of teflon tape on the threads of the barbs.

Next tighten to just over hand tight - the tape can make the threads more slippery - so you actually will not get the normal feel of tightening normal pipe threads.

In the past I have epoxied the barbs in place into the filter housing - eliminating any air issues - that was prior to finding out about index the top and lower housing to make sure that the proper filter element was being used.

I am wondering if this product will work on the plastic based carboys? Alos is there any issues if we were to transfer from a glass carboy into a plastic based carboy? Thanks in advance,

I am wondering if this product will work on the plastic based carboys? Alos is there any issues if we were to transfer from a glass carboy into a plastic based carboy? Thanks in advance,

I copied and pasted this from my website under FAQ's

Do I need to use Glass Carboys?
Whenever you are transferring, bottling or filtering, you do have to go into a glass container in order to withstand the vacuum pressure. If glass is not used, the container may collapse.

How to incorporate a Better Bottle or Plastic carboy with the Allinone?
Over the years I have figured out how to incorporate the plastic BB carboys with the All In One. You can always pull from a BB or an open container – whether you are transferring, bottling or filtering – you do have to go into a glass container in order to withstand the vacuum pressure otherwise it will collapse. I have talked to many customers who have both types of carboys and this is what I recommend.
Transfer from BB to glass to remove CO2 and sediment. The glass carboy should be higher than the BB for the next time you transfer; you can start a small vacuum, only to get the gravity to work for you and then turn off the pump. This way there is still no lifting heavy carboys !!

Just what I was needed!

Thank you, Steve. I received the pump/filler very quickly - even with Thanksgiving in the middle. I transferred and bottled a couple gallons of water before putting it into service. It worked great!

You spent a long time on the phone with me mid-summer, on a Sunday no less, answering questions and providing insight as a small business owner. Months passed and you reached out to check if I needed anything...even before I made my purchase. Thank you.

Your level of customer service is exceptional and your willingness to help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for all your help with my business.

Rocky Mountain Vinegar Works

Damn Great Service

When was the last time a vendor called you to answer a question you sent via an email? For me that hasn't happened for so long I can't remember when it did occur, but Steve called and more than answered the questions I had about the equipment I purchased from him and other equipment new to me. So what is so special about that you might ask? For me a newbie to wine making it is some thing very important. Steve answers questions and makes suggestions, but he doesn't pressure you to buy more unless he thinks you might need it and only after you clearly understand why it is being suggested. He is willing to share expertise in both wine making and the use of equipment to make wine making easier.

SERVICE, what a concept ! Thanks Steve
:db:

I did it before, but will not do it again as a regular process. The plastic carboys flex a lot under vacuum (even to create the initial suction just to start a siphon transfer), and all that flexing will eventually lead to premature failure.

If you only use it for long-term bulk aging (3 months between rackings), I am guessing you could get a few years of use out of it. I wouldn't use it for secondary fermentation where you are racking into it frequently.

@ rmvwco

Thank you for your kind words !
But I really enjoyed talking to you about your business adventure - please keep us informed on how well you do. I hope I made your life easier when it comes to bottling vinegar - using the allinonewinepump.

Thanks for becoming a member in order to post this !

@ bpetnoi
Thanks for letting me talk to you and all - it really is my enjoyment that I get out of doing this. I enjoy helping others with winemaking questions or concerns about vacuum racking that they do not know much about.

Thanks for becoming a member in order to post this !

@ jgmann67
Im sure you probably already received this - I hope she will let you open your gifts early this year - LOL

@ jgmann67

I just realized that you just ordered last Thursday and it went out on Friday.

Please let us know about your experience after you payed with some water prior to using wine. If you have any questions or concerns please get ahold of me thu a PM or contact me thru my webpage for the fastest response.

Latest posts

Back