REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update for those of you still on the fence.

My loving wife and I just bottled 96 bottles of Muscadine. From the time we turned the pump on till we had them in the boxex was just over 2 hours, now that included fill, corking, labeling, and capsules. The all in one never even blinked. Ran all 96 bottles at one time with just enough time to change out the carboys.

This AIO is the most valuable piece of equipment I have in my arsenal. (Wine making arsenal thag is).

Dralarms, Glad you're enjoying it! I've got to agree, but I'd choose a .45 or AR10 as more valuable when SHTF! Unless your self defense approach is to get the bad guy drunk, then the AIOWP really made a difference!

Well, great minds think alike. I love wine and weapons and don't mix the two! This forum is more enjoyable, friendly, and helpful than most gun forums!

I really put my pump to the test today and it passed with flying colors! I racked a primary littered with 2 bags of oak chips and using a filter on the end, it didn't stop once. Woo hoo!
RQshiraz_pg10_2.jpg

RQshiraz_pg9.jpg

I should have done this write up months ago but life got in the way. So, I apologize to Steve for taking so long.

I've been using the AIO steadily for a few weeks now. So far it works flawlessly. I have no complaints at all with its functionality. Not having to lift the carboys (leaving them side by side) is one of the best features for me.

A+++++++ to this product. And thank you to Steve for the excellent customer service!!

I read this entire thread, was convinced early on I needed one of these pumps. Ordered and received a few days later, today I finally got around to setting it up and playing around with it. This pump is awesome, I racked and degassed my first batch of DB in minutes, then practiced with bottle filling, piece of cake! I have three wine kits almost ready for bottling and as soon as my DB clears i will be bottling that too.. Best money spent on my brewing and wine making adventures to date! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Tshank,
My thoughts exactly. Welcome to the forum. You'll love the DB and its many variations. Great people here and great advice! Enjoy!!

I really put my pump to the test today and it passed with flying colors! I racked a primary littered with 2 bags of oak chips and using a filter on the end, it didn't stop once. Woo hoo!

Lori, is that a cheese cloth filter on the end of the cane? Also, is that a rubber band you're using to fasten the filter?

Thanx...

Not so much a review of the pump but Steve.
I had a low vacuum issue and contacted Steve, he gave me a call and he suggested I look at the vacuum release valve. Well the valve was fine, but the threaded barbs had come loose.... Put some Teflon tape on the threads reinstalled and all is good.
Steve has a great product and super service.
Thanks Steve!

So far my all-in-one is great! I used the house filter once with no problems. Made bottling fast and easy. I just love how my carboys can be left in the ground. By far my best investment in wine making. Steve is always available to answer any of my questions. I would tell anyone that us even thinking about buying one to not think to much and just place the order. So far I racked 4 times with it and filtered/bottles my DB with it. Plus no real mess so the wifey happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I've waited far too long to post this :slp

We purchased the Allinone Wine Pump for my Dad for Christmas. He has serious back issues and was concerned that he might not be able to make wine anymore because he can't lift the carboys. I emailed Steve and he was AMAZING! Answered all of my questions, called me at home and went over how everything should work, and answered even more questions.

It arrived a few weeks before Christmas, and didn't get opened till near the end of January with Dad's holidays. (I was going out of my mind by this point - I wanted to see how it worked!!!)

Finally they were back and we opened the box. It all went together quickly with me helping him, and we took pictures along the way so he can refer back to them, then fired it up.

It worked like magic. You should have seen my Dad's face light up when he saw a) how easy it was, b) how fast it was, and c) that he would never have to lift a full carboy again. He has been over the moon about it ever since, and has been begging me to find the instructions to make the filter out of it as well. Lol, he even ordered extra kits now that he knows he can make them!

The Allinone is the BEST thing we could have ordered for my Dad. Fantastic investment, good price, and service like you just don't get anymore at a store.

...Now I just need to convince him I should get to take it home once in awhile ::

My all-in-one is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I keep seeing everyone mentioning they don't have to lift the carboys anymore, but if I understand it right I do need to lower the carboy to the floor to bottle above it right? I guess if I keep the carboys on the floor then I never have to move them. Is that what people are doing?

thx
steve

Yes. I just place the bottles on the table. Carboys on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I actually have mine on a roll around cart, so istill have to lift them off the cart and on to a chair, but that's because I dont have a dedicated wine making area yet.

I want one SOOOOOO badly! Eating myself up with jealousy of all the folks who have cool stuffs and a dedicated place to put it all!

O usually rack just before bottling to be sure t he there is no sediment. The receiving carboy is on the floor so I don't even have to lift that one.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Wine Making mobile app

I like so many of you have a small work space to deal with. I will transfer side by side to make sure any sediment and to mix up the wine before bottling. Then the carboy will be either in a milk crate - which 2 people can carry easily - or you can put it on a dolly with wheels.
I have also set up a card table right next to the transferred carboy to make sure there is no lifting at all.

I find it most helpful to bottle in a milk crate or similiar to prevent any bottles from wanting to tip over

I also use the rolling cart method. I have an old AV school style one that holds 500 lbs.
Like Roger80465, I rack it one last time before bottling to be sure it's mixed and i don't have any stray sediment. When I do that, I put the receiving empty carboy on the floor then just bottle 'up' to the counter. Works great.

Thanks for the tips, I've got a fair amount of space in the unfinished part of my basement, so I think I'll just keep the carboys on the floor to the right of my work-area. I'm paranoid of these glass bottles (italian) breaking so I think I'm going to pick this up to set them on: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plasgad-Large-Mixing-Tub-887102A/202086174. If anyone knows of a more squared off tub like this let me know.

steve

Latest posts

Back