REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the unit and it was packed nicely. Fired right up and after cleaning a bit I racked from my primary fermenter to a glass carboy and it worked great!

Prep cleaning the glass carboy is a bit harder than the better bottle. Need to get that down to something simple. I ran some water with cleaner through the aiowp into the bottle but then I had to roll it and slosh it a bit. There must be an easier way to do this that doesn't risk that puppy slipping out of my hands :).

The kit I'm using did not want me to top of the bottle and ended up about a liter short (as the instructions indicate). But this seems like a good thing because when I got to that point the bottle was topped off with bubbles (yay!). What should I have done if I had a full 6 gals? Let the bubbles run into the overflow? Maybe pop off the cork for a minute and let the bubbles evaporate?

thanks,

steve

Steve,
The only tubing you need to clean when using the AIOWP is the racking cane, the tubing from racking cane to either the bottling stopper or to another racking cane with stopper that connects to the AIOWP. The only reason to clean the vacuum line connected to the overflow bottle (user supplied) and the overflow bottle itself is if you get wine overflow in that line. If you do, the wine will start to collect in the overflow bottle. Immediately open the vacuum release and shut the pump off BEFORE the wine fills the overflow bottle and goes into the pump!:slp

If you do clean the tubing with the vacuum release, I'd recommend NOT using k-meta because it can be corrosive to the inside of the release valve. Just use easy clean or whatever your cleaner of choice is.

BTW, you have to drink anything out of the overflow bottle as it isn't sterilized for return to your wine batch. Now don't go overflowing just to get an excuse for another taste!:D

Steve,
I use one of those metal carboy handles with the rubber covering on my carboys. They tighten with a thumb screw and make lifting a lot easier. I fill the carboy with my cleaner, and place one hand on the bottom and one in the handle and shake it horizontally. The cleaners really make the carboys slippery! I then rinse the same way. Probably won't work for a lot of people that have trouble lifting the carboy or with physical limitations, so be careful!

Well if this helps at all ?
I will suck meta thru the racking cane assembly - like I am doing a normal transfer. I will then have approx 1 gallon in the carboy , I then use my carboy cleaner ( the drill type ) to sanitize the entire inside of the carboy. Then empty the carboy.
Then I mist anything that did not get touched with meta - like the upper half of the racking cane

What should I have done if I had a full 6 gals? Let the bubbles run into the overflow? Maybe pop off the cork for a minute and let the bubbles evaporate?

When I am racking from primary to carboy using the AIOP I tend to first pull a liter or two into a sanitized 1 gal jug, then the balance into the carboy. After everything is transfered I top up the carboy with the 1 gal. That way I do not have to worry about the bubbles being sucked up the vaccum tube, I can instead focus on getting as much of the wine out the primary as possible without sucking up sediment. I have also tried in the past to use the pressure release when the foam gets too high, but then you risk the "flowback" of wine disturbing the sediment in your primary (if your racking cane is low enough) and you need to keep your eyes and hands on two different tasks... which can be tricky if you have been "tasting" all night...

Just fired up the AllInOne for the first time tonight. Initially tried it out with 2- 6 gal. carboys and StarSan to sanitize the tubing and carboys- nice!!!
Then racked/degassed 6 gal. of Chilean Merlot prior to an MLF.
The AllInOne wine pump is a very nice rig. I really can't recommend it enough for a home/light commercial winemaker. It saves time, energy and lower back pain! Works extremely well for racking/degassing without over exposure to oxygen. I really can't wait to use it for bottling. I've made some pretty bad messes in late night bottling coupled with over-tasting, and I'm sure this pump will eliminate almost all of that- well- maybe not the over-tasting part. Also a real pleasure corresponding with Steve. Attached pic of racking/degassing Merlot.

Racking-Degassing.jpg

OK, I jumped on board. Received my AI1 and racked 18 gallons right away. WOW!! This pump is awesome. Ran 60 bottles and again, Wow!! Thanks, Steve. You rock!!

Allinone Pump

Call it the Allinwonder pump! It has made wine making sooo easy. Racking, degassing, filtering and bottling go so smoothly and quickly. I think I'll give away my auto-siphon.
And Steve is so helpful. He really cares that you enjoy using the Allinone. His customer service excels, also. When he learned we lived just 10 miles apart, he insisted on saving me the shipping charges and delivered the pump personally.
This is a must have tool for any wine maker.
VicF

Almost have enough saved back to get one! Maybe 2 or 3 weeks if I can keep saving!

I feel like a 4 yr old kid... IWANTIWANTIWANTIWANTIWANT!!!WHAAAA!!!

Retiring the All in one wine pump

Noticed I said retiring, not selling. This little gem helped us greatly in doing many, many bench tests for our small commercial winery.

We bought it specifically for racking our bench tests. It must have racked at least a 1000 gallons by now. Most were 1 gallon bench tests usually 10-20 at a time. Day after day, week after week and I never had one single equipment failure.
Steve initially warned me that if I was doing several 5-6 gallon carboys back to back, it may trip out. Well it never happened to me and there were times when I would do 6 - 6 gallon carboys back to back.

We also bottled with it until we purchased a commercial bottler. Again, never had one issue with it with that task.
We did have a few issues with filtering, but that was not the machines fault. Rather, we were one of the few who happened to purchase the filter and housing at a time that the filter that a company was selling, was ill suited for the housing.

We have now completed the bulk of our bench testing and this little guy can take a much needed rest. It is now residing on a shelf, all clean and covered, just waiting for when we will need it again.

This was probably the best bang for the buck machine that we have bought for our little winery.

Thanks Steve for the great customer service throughout the past couple of years. :b

Noticed I said retiring, not selling. This little gem helped us greatly in doing many, many bench tests for our small commercial winery.

We bought it specifically for racking our bench tests. It must have racked at least a 1000 gallons by now. Most were 1 gallon bench tests usually 10-20 at a time. Day after day, week after week and I never had one single equipment failure.
Steve initially warned me that if I was doing several 5-6 gallon carboys back to back, it may trip out. Well it never happened to me and there were times when I would do 6 - 6 gallon carboys back to back.

We also bottled with it until we purchased a commercial bottler. Again, never had one issue with it with that task.
We did have a few issues with filtering, but that was not the machines fault. Rather, we were one of the few who happened to purchase the filter and housing at a time that the filter that a company was selling, was ill suited for the housing.

We have now completed the bulk of our bench testing and this little guy can take a much needed rest. It is now residing on a shelf, all clean and covered, just waiting for when we will need it again.

This was probably the best bang for the buck machine that we have bought for our little winery.

Thanks Steve for the great customer service throughout the past couple of years. :b

Thanks Norske !
It was really great to be able to help out a small winery, just starting out. I hope you do well in the future !!

Please Pm me your business website - since it is up and running - looking forward to trying some of your wines !!

So, my wife gave me the All In One Wine Pump as a Christmas gift back in December. Since then I have used it several time to rack my wines from carboy to carboy. Last night I used it to bottle a batch of RJS Cranapple Chardonnay that I plan to give as gifts this coming Christmas. And I have to say, it was amazing!!! So quick! So easy! Every bottle filled to exactly the same level. And I didn't spill a single drop of wine. That's amazing in itself.

Thanks, Steve!!! My next task is to learn how to use the pump to do filtering. I'll let you know when that happens.

New product - stationary table bottle filling station

I came up with this idea some time ago and was finally was able to finish it
It is designed to work with the Allinonewinepump bottle filler – it is fully adjustable – by adjusting the thumb screw to any bottle height.

The nice thing is you can fill one bottle and instantly start filling another, leaving your hands opens in order to cork the bottle prior to the 2nd one filling completely.
I will be looking for individuals to thoroughly test this operation – prior to it going on my website. I personally have done multiple tests and I am happy to introduce it to you all.
The wooden base and the actual Allinone bottling attachment is not included.
I am looking for approx. 10 people or so – there will be a cost involved – but much less than when it is officially for sale.

here is a youtube link -
http://youtu.be/L9B8UIdI3XE

Please PM me for more information

20140420_165720 [700x525].jpg

20140420_165710 [700x525].jpg

Last edited:
I should be ordering mine at the beginning of next week. Would be happy to join the test group.

Filler looks cool!

I just wanted to say that I filtered on Saturday for the first time using the whole home filter setup with my allinonewinepump and it worked great. I found a threaded tube to put inside the filter that seems perfect, but honestly turning it upside down worked well to drain it so I may not install it (and I don't seem to have the right size thread tool for the top of the lid).

I made an attempt to clean the filter so I could reuse it, but I don't see how I could possibly get all the organics out of it so i threw it away.

steve

I would love one of these. Degassing is a pain in my backside

Latest posts

Back