Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much is it for you? Here in CT is still in the 5.00 vicinity. My wife and son cringe every time they have to buy...lol
Home heating oil (diesel) is still in the 4~5 bucks a gallon, I paid merely 1.37 less than 2 years ago. :slp
Same with propane. I was paying 4-$600 a year to fill my propane tank. It was $1100 this year. A neighbour paid $1700 in the dead of winter.

We ran on the furnace for a month before I got the wood stove installed last fall. It used 20% of the propane tank in about 3 weeks. We made it through the winter on the rest of the tank once we started burning.

Wood's the way to go, mind you I have an endless free (labour only) supply.

LOL yea 2 years ago gas was $0.99/gal here when Covid hit. Not a reasonable thing to ever see again I think. We are now down to ~$3.70/gal in these parts. Costco is $3.75
How much is it for you? Here in CT is still in the 5.00 vicinity. My wife and son cringe every time they have to buy...lol
Home heating oil (diesel) is still in the 4~5 bucks a gallon, I paid merely 1.37 less than 2 years ago. :slp

LOL yea 2 years ago gas was $0.99/gal here when Covid hit. Not a reasonable thing to ever see again I think. We are now down to ~$3.70/gal in these parts. Costco is $3.75

That was after covid hit for good which was in March 2020. My records say I paid $1.37 back in October.

I keep a spreadsheet of every single home heating oil purchase I’ve made in the last 10 years I think.

Yep, there was no war in Ukraine, the world economy was at a complete standstill, there was no vaccine. I guess things have changed somewhat in 2 years......

That was after covid hit for good which was in March 2020. My records say I paid $1.37 back in October.

I keep a spreadsheet of every single home heating oil purchase I’ve made in the last 10 years I think.

Yep, there was no war in Ukraine, the world economy was at a complete standstill, there was no vaccine. I guess things have changed somewhat in 2 years......

The war in Ukraine started in February of this year and has nothing to do with these skyrocketed gas prices, if it does it is a smidge. The inflation started last year and we had no war. That’s what is causing these high prices, inflation. One just needs to look at the trend for the last two years.

Wood's the way to go, mind you I have an endless free (labour only) supply.
I've been heating with wood almost 15 years. Love it!
In the beginning I had visions of being a rugged country guy, splitting my own wood with an axe. After 2 minutes I said "F*** this s***!" and bought a splitter first thing the next morning. Still a lot of work but bearable.

I've been heating with wood almost 15 years. Love it!
In the beginning I had visions of being a rugged country guy, splitting my own wood with an axe. After 2 minutes I said "F*** this s***!" and bought a splitter first thing the next morning. Still a lot of work but bearable.
Yup.. The axe is fun for a weekend at the cottage. 😄 Not a year supply.

I'll hand split some outdoor fire wood on occasion. Just to make sure I never forget.

I dream of the processor attachment for the skid steer. That's my kinda work. My joystick muscles are ripped! 😂

I have a pellet stove and it is really nice having an extra heat source, there’s also labor even though it’s a pellet stove. The wife used to complain so much claiming it produces so much dust in the leaving room that I stopped using it much, I used to buy 3 tons before every winter and this past season I just bought a few bags here and there.

It is very nice having that warmth and I think the wood stove is even nicer but obviously with much more labor involved.

Ya, but you're a real man. You chisel trees into buildings. 😄
Actually in the winter I am desk-bound so chiseling trees into buildings and splitting firewood is my only physical activity… and trust me. It’s not enough!

It is incredibly satisfying though. My wife always tells me I was born a century too late.

Some times I look in the yard and get goosebumps - wine ingredients everywhere.

View attachment 90768

And some times I go to the store and spot a pork shoulder for $1.59 a lb. and get MORE goosebumps because I see maybe 11 lbs of really fantastic smoked kielbasa!!!

View attachment 90769
Now, that's a follow up picture I wanna see!

The war in Ukraine started in February of this year and has nothing to do with these skyrocketed gas prices, if it does it is a smidge. The inflation started last year and we had no war. That’s what is causing these high prices, inflation. One just needs to look at the trend for the last two years.
If you check it out, inflation is happening all around the world. I don't know why, maybe it's because the world is living in debt :slp
They say "Buy now, Pay later". Maybe the later is now!
PS. I'm old enough to remember that when you bought anything you paid cash. These days you can buy something by waving a piece of plastic over a machine.
:D I can laugh about it cos I do the same myself now :D

Last edited:
Costco now down to $3.69 as of this morning in ABQ. We just received our 2nd check for $500 in 3 months from the State of NM. $1000 in total. This is basically a gas rebate check as the State of NM coffers are overflowing with $$$ from oil and gas revenue from the oil fields down in the southern part of the State. I think we have made $$$ on the whole gas increase deal if you want to know the truth.

Costco now down to $3.69 as of this morning in ABQ. We just received our 2nd check for $500 in 3 months from the State of NM. $1000 in total. This is basically a gas rebate check as the State of NM coffers are overflowing with $$$ from oil and gas revenue from the oil fields down in the southern part of the State. I think we have made $$$ on the whole gas increase deal if you want to know the truth.

Local Costco $4.20 yesterday. It dropped about 49 cents altogether after the increase of around 3 bucks in the last year and a half.
But I leave the cringe to the wife and my son since I'm a happy camper with my Tesla. ;)

Local Costco $4.20 yesterday. It dropped about 49 cents altogether after the increase of around 3 bucks in the last year and a half.
But I leave the cringe to the wife and my son since I'm a happy camper with my Tesla. ;)
Just paid 4.45/gal here (10 cents off for bonus pts).

Not too much Tesla gloating, I can find your street address, though it would be $75 in gas to get up there, lol.

Latest posts

Back