Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had been very interested in one, but no longer with their recently inflated pricing. Got at least two years before I'm pulling the trigger on anything though.

Prices are nuts!!!! Eventually they will come down and in my experience once you go EV you ain’t looking back.

I’d like to see the Chevy lighting pickup truck as well, nice one 💪

I’d like to see the Chevy lighting pickup truck as well, nice one 💪

Also very interested in the F150 Lightning. Found two at nearby dealers for $103k. :oops:

I'll wait until I have to buy. Then I'll wait a little longer. As I said earlier I have two years.

Just paid 4.45/gal here (10 cents off for bonus pts).

Not too much Tesla gloating, I can find your street address, though it would be $75 in gas to get up there, lol.

I'd love to ,eetup in person, make a trip :cool:
Life is way too short...!!!!

Also very interested in the F150 Lightning. Found two at nearby dealers for $103k. :oops:

I'll wait until I have to buy. Then I'll wait a little longer. As I said earlier I have two years.

I meant the Ford Lightning....lol

The Chevy Silverado is promising.
$103k is INSANE, stealers are taking advantage, that is why I like the Tesla model, sell directly to consumers, avoid the stealers....

Just paid 4.45/gal here (10 cents off for bonus pts).

Not too much Tesla gloating, I can find your street address, though it would be $75 in gas to get up there, lol.

$4.45/gal..... :slp :slp
This is still just insane..!!!! :m:m:m:m:m:m

Rows of Tesla at rental car, Boston, Logan Airport.

View attachment 90852
I've never honestly paid much attention to Tesla. Interesting concept, but I'm not into status toys. I've researched EVs in general, and the issues outweigh the benefits for me.

This made me curious -- with a bit of research, I discovered the base Model 3 is $47K, not including tax and fees. In NC, all told it's close to $53K.

I found several sites, which indicated the median take home pay for an American family is ~55K (Individual is in the mid-30's). So a cheap Tesla costs as much as the annual take home pay of the median American family. That really puts things in perspective.

I've never honestly paid much attention to Tesla. Interesting concept, but I'm not into status toys. I've researched EVs in general, and the issues outweigh the benefits for me.

This made me curious -- with a bit of research, I discovered the base Model 3 is $47K, not including tax and fees. In NC, all told it's close to $53K.

I found several sites, which indicated the median take home pay for an American family is ~55K (Individual is in the mid-30's). So a cheap Tesla costs as much as the annual take home pay of the median American family. That really puts things in perspective.
The thing that really put it all into perspective for me, was your post that your parents paid off their 6 year mortgage in 3? years. I am hoping to pay mine off in 5. That is just my house, not the land or any of the other buildings or services. I've been paying those down for the last 10.

Not many people are capable of the lump sums I am going to have to put on my mortgage to reach that goal. Running my business from my property saves me a lot of personal expenses, I can direct more of my personal income to debt easier than most. Most people need the 35 years, AND most houses now have 2 incomes. I assume your dad was the sole income back in the 50's?

THAT, is how much our quality of life has changed. What was once the standard of living is now a privilege of the few, and we have worked 7 days a week for 10 years for that privilege.

The thing that really put it all into perspective for me, was your post that your parents paid off their 6 year mortgage in 3? years. I am hoping to pay mine off in 5. That is just my house, not the land or any of the other buildings or services. I've been paying those down for the last 10.
Long mortgages are the cause behind rising house prices over the last 50 years. When the monthly payment is affordable, too many people ignore the real cost.

Borrow $100,000 at 5% interest. It doesn't matter what currency.

If the term is 30 years, the monthly payment is $537. If the term is 15 years the monthly payment is $791? Why pay 50% more per month???

For a 15 year term the interest is $42,300, while if the term is 30 years, the interest is $93,300.

Long mortgages are the cause behind rising house prices over the last 50 years. When the monthly payment is affordable, too many people ignore the real cost.

Borrow $100,000 at 5% interest. It doesn't matter what currency.

If the term is 30 years, the monthly payment is $537. If the term is 15 years the monthly payment is $791? Why pay 50% more per month???

For a 15 year term the interest is $42,300, while if the term is 30 years, the interest is $93,300.
It's absolute insanity. I was taught that it isn't about how much you make, It's how much you keep. It's hard to keep anything when you have interest payments on all you 'own'.

I know a guy, he's a business owner. He was only about 2 years into business, where it is crucial to keep your overhead down, and he wanted a new forklift. He had never done any maintenance to make his used one run better and it was causing him grief. I asked him, this was right when covid hit, can you afford that right now? No, but I can afford the payment.

It blew my mind.

He thinks when he gets a check and pays off his line of credit that he has money in the bank. I just got paid, I can afford that.

Some people are so used to being in debt that they don't see the difference between red and black. Just so long as long as there is room for the payments.

I also remember when my parents lost there house in '82 when the interest rates skyrocketed. We are currently seeing the largest interest rate rise since... well about '82. That's why I'm locked in and rushing to pay off my mortgage. I'm worried for what is coming for the unprepared. I don't know that I will be able to afford another term with what is happening to interest rates and our dollar.

Got your point, this is why is nice having a free country so everyone makes their own decisions.

There are other cheaper EV options for people to choose if they’d like to.

I love Tesla, no other car company comes close to the technology, hands down. But again it is what I like and I can tell because I own one and I know what it’s like.
As I tell people, once you drive one…most likely you ain’t looking back. That is exactly what happened to me and many other friends.

I tell folks to judge an EV once they test drive one.

Latest posts

Back