Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Costco run now down to $23 for a round trip (200mi). No guarantee they would have any picanha meat though. Wonder if Tri-Tip would work in a pinch.......

Quasi-related, last time I made a tri-tip, I tasted it almost like a brisket. Into the smoker until it hit 165F, wrapped in butcher paper, then left until it reached 205F. My wife was skeptical (to say the least), but it was almost like eating a brisket, she said I could make it like that again.

Costco run now down to $23 for a round trip (200mi). No guarantee they would have any picanha meat though. Wonder if Tri-Tip would work in a pinch.......

Holy cow, 200 miles.
I’m merely 9 miles round trip from my local one. No wonder why some folks tell me I literally live there since I go multiple times a week 😂😂

I just love that warehouse 👍

Yep you need to clue in to the rest of us who don't live in CT. Open your eyes a bit more......

Holy cow, 200 miles.
I’m merely 9 miles round trip from my local one. No wonder why some folks tell me I literally live there since I go multiple times a week 😂😂

I just love that warehouse 👍

Tri-tip and Picanha are both parts of the Sirloin. So cooking it to 205 is a waste of T&E as it has no fat really to render or break down like a brisket or chuck steak. Tri-Tip is basically a thick cut steak. Cook it rare to med-rare and pull it. Low and slow does not do anything to make it more tender really. Nothing to render fat wise.

Quasi-related, last time I made a tri-tip, I tasted it almost like a brisket. Into the smoker until it hit 165F, wrapped in butcher paper, then left until it reached 205F. My wife was skeptical (to say the least), but it was almost like eating a brisket, she said I could make it like that again.

I wonder if any other member here is that far from a “local” Costco. That most be a NM thing since you have all the land in the world compared to this midget state I live in.
3 hours round trip for me. Plus the time inside, and usually a $700 minimum 'cause I go twice a year.

The Costco cart truly is the most costly vehicle of all!

Anyone uses these tumblers for wine drinking while on the road?

77EAED8A-7BFF-4BCF-9E48-278E0749A863.jpeg

Been waiting for them to build a Costco in the Santa fe (State capital and population ~150,000) area for 35 years now. There are 3 Costco warehouses in ABQ and that is it for the entire State. Sam's built a warehouse in Santa fe like 20 years ago but still no Costco love for all of northern NM.

BTW, gas is now down to $3.59/gal at the Costco in ABQ this AM.........

Tri-tip and Picanha are both parts of the Sirloin. So cooking it to 205 is a waste of T&E as it has no fat really to render or break down like a brisket or chuck steak. Tri-Tip is basically a thick cut steak. Cook it rare to med-rare and pull it. Low and slow does not do anything to make it more tender really. Nothing to render fat wise.

You might well be correct, but the number of pages found with a Google search that suggest it made me try it. I had always cooked it like a steak, but a few came out somewhat dry and tough, so I had to try something different. Also, depending on the butcher there can be a nice fat cap on it. I'm often willing to go against conventional wisdom to try something.

Been waiting for them to build a Costco in the Santa fe (State capital and population ~150,000) area for 35 years now. There are 3 Costco warehouses in ABQ and that is it for the entire State. Sam's built a warehouse in Santa fe like 20 years ago but still no Costco love for all of northern NM.

BTW, gas is now down to $3.59/gal at the Costco in ABQ this AM.........

We need to start pitching a petition for you Mike 😎.

BTW- that’s the lowest gas price perhaps at any Costco. Yesterday I saw the sign at local one and it was still something like $4.09 I think 🤔

What would be the “typical” price for you, say like a year and/or two years ago? I’d like to have an idea comparing to what I remember used to be here.

Back