Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always link from images posted from FB 99% of the time. Its easier than trying to download the image and then upload to WMT. Could be something weird going on in the WMT App that it can't show properly or work with that type of link/image combo.

Could it be the file format?

We worked together for several years doing Pu isotope measurements via Magnetic Sector Mass Spectroscopy years ago. He and his wife never had any kids so they plunked away a lot of extra cash and retired several years ago at the ripe old age of 55 I think. Now the two of them just go all around the Southwest (mostly) hiking and photographing everything they run across. Not sure if he sells much but I am sure between the two of them they are not hurting financially.

Your friend has some talent.

Maybe @TxBrew can take a look?
I wanted to copy that pic, can you post the plain link here?
It works great on the web page, but not in the app. I am guessing here (but have had to write software that interacts with Facebook, so scientific guess) that the aboard knows how to follow that link, since it knows how to log me into Facebook. But the app doesn't have permission to access my Facebook credentials, so we get the broken link.

One of favorite Spring pics. Cherry blossoms in the Quad at UW. Mrs IB's Alma Mater.

29315185_2082462455368502_5072227351463460864_n.jpg

Not NM!

However this was taken by a retired friend of mine and I really like the composition as well as the colors. This was taken in the Ozark mountains.

29872906_1758566480833427_4618350988439571372_o.jpg

I saw where @geek could not see this photo on his iPhone. I tested with my iPad, and can see it just fine. I am using the mobile browser version on the iPad. I then tested the app. The app is blocking the photo. App is based on Tapatalk, and that must be the issue.

Please try the site using a mobile browser, it is so much better than app.

I saw where @geek could not see this photo on his iPhone. I tested with my iPad, and can see it just fine. I am using the mobile browser version on the iPad. I then tested the app. The app is blocking the photo. App is based on Tapatalk, and that must be the issue.

Please try the site using a mobile browser, it is so much better than app.

Uh?

I think this is from Thursday's "Puppy" Hike. Old Rte 287 (looking South) between Hills Creek Road and Ives Run...

IMAG1618[1].jpg

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 6.26.50 PM.png

Don't know if this will work outside northern Virginia or not, but I imagine its worth a shot...

View attachment 47982

Don't know if this will work outside northern Virginia or not, but I imagine its worth a shot...
Probably about what round trip gas would cost for me :D

Edit: Actually, the Leesburg outlet is only 80 miles away, so 160/35 x $2.85 = $13.03, so potentially a bargain (as long as the PA State trooper isn't waiting for me at the PA border).

Last edited:
Probably about what round trip gas would cost for me :D

Edit: Actually, the Leesburg outlet is only 80 miles away, so 160/35 x $2.85 = $13.03, so potentially a bargain (as long as the PA State trooper isn't waiting for me at the PA border).

If you go that far, you're in Loudon county, which is home to many fabulous wineries and close to me and @mainshipfred . Just sayin'...

View attachment 48068 Saw these light fixtures and thought they were very cool. And right in the sweet spot for diy’ers. All parts look easily obtainable except possibly the shade.

Funny you posted this. Just yesterday I made a paper towel holder from some galvanized pipe. Definitely agree with you, and you described it perfectly- these types of DIYs just look cool.

Back