Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,

I am sure I missed it but what kind of Puppy is that? Looks like a "doodle" of sorts?

Yes, an F2 Golden Doodle (2/3 Poodle, 1/3 Golden Retriever). Great dog. Big plus "breed" wise is no shedding. Big negative is grooming about every two months.

(Golden x Poodle = F1; F1 x Poodle = F1b; F1b x F1 = F2b)

F2b = 62.5% Poodle 37.5% Golden or roughly what Bill quoted.

Ummm, I am no biology expert, but I don't think that's possible? :)

I remember when I was a kid, and Farah Fawcett described herself as "1/3 Iranian." I thought "Geez, I'd like to see her family tree!"

Okay, haven't been back there in a while. Is the Nursing home on the left in the image, and the County jail to the right just out of the image?

You've just about got it. Broad Acres is to the left but down the hill out of the picture. The big building you see houses, I believe, a bunch of Tioga County social service offices. If you look out the front entrance of Broad Acres and up the hill you'd see that big building.

Last edited:
Ummm, I am no biology expert, but I don't think that's possible? :)

I remember when I was a kid, and Farah Fawcett described herself as "1/3 Iranian." I thought "Geez, I'd like to see her family tree!"

Okay, this is what I think I know... Female golden retriever is bred with a standard poodle resulting in F1 goldendoodles (?). A female F1 is bred with a standard poodle and you get your F2 goldendoodles (?). So if I got it right what percentage poodle and what percentage golden retriever dog do I have? Maybe I should have just gotten an F1 and my head wouldn't hurt so much. :(:)

Here is where I got the puppy.. http://www.goldendoodles-of-gaines-pa.com/home.

Okay, this is what I think I know... Female golden retriever is bred with a standard poodle resulting in F1 goldendoodles (?). A female F1 is bred with a standard poodle and you get your F2 goldendoodles (?). So if I got it right what percentage poodle and what percentage golden retriever dog do I have? Maybe I should have just gotten an F1 and my head wouldn't hurt so much. :(:)

Here is where I got the puppy.. http://www.goldendoodles-of-gaines-pa.com/home.

I think that would be 1/4 Golden and 3/4 poodle. (In lineages, the denominator must be a power of 2, like 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc.)

So what kind of dog is it that your family has? I've forgotten.

A dog is a dog... if it has 4 legs. His he gets groomed every 2 months , otherwise he’ll have a hot dog, not to be confused with a wiener dog, which is not the same as as no legged hot dog which you put mustard and catchup on, not to be confused with chicken dogs, turkey dogs, pig dogs, which is not to be confused with Polish dogs or German dogs otherwise known as brat dogs, which are primarily mass produced products, not to be confused with home made dogs of the aforementioned varieties.
Chow ,
Which is both a Chinese dog and an Italian one that they are always looking for when they say goodbye.
Tomcat, the dirty rotten cheetah, knows his dogs.

For each cross you have a DNA makeup of 100%

Each parent contributes 50% of their DNA (expression of the DNA is obviously a different matter)

So for this cross (Golden x Poodle = F1; F1 x Poodle = F1b; F1b x F1 = F2b)

F1 is 50% Golden, 50% Poodle
Next Cross is F1 X Poodle (100%) so this cross ends up with a dog that is 75% Poodle and 25% Golden (The Sire and Dam each provide 50% of the new cross DNA so divide the DNA in half and add together)
Next Cross is F1b (75% Poodle/25% Golden) X F1 (50% Poodle/50% Golden) So again divide each side in half and add together.

You end up with F2b having the sum (37.5% + 25% Poodle) and (25% + 12.5% Golden) = 62.5% Poodle and 37.5% Golden

I think that would be 1/4 Golden and 3/4 poodle. (In lineages, the denominator must be a power of 2, like 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc.)

For each cross you have a DNA makeup of 100%

Each parent contributes 50% of their DNA (expression of the DNA is obviously a different matter)

So for this cross (Golden x Poodle = F1; F1 x Poodle = F1b; F1b x F1 = F2b)

F1 is 50% Golden, 50% Poodle
Next Cross is F1 X Poodle (100%) so this cross ends up with a dog that is 75% Poodle and 25% Golden (The Sire and Dam each provide 50% of the new cross DNA so divide the DNA in half and add together)
Next Cross is F1b (75% Poodle/25% Golden) X F1 (50% Poodle/50% Golden) So again divide each side in half and add together.

You end up with F2b having the sum (37.5% + 25% Poodle) and (25% + 12.5% Golden) = 62.5% Poodle and 37.5% Golden

Now my head is hurting again. Can't we all just make wine? :)

Joking aside... Wow, where did you get all this knowledge on the subject?

Not NM!

However this was taken by a retired friend of mine and I really like the composition as well as the colors. This was taken in the Ozark mountains.

29872906_1758566480833427_4618350988439571372_o.jpg

Not NM!

However this was taken by a retired friend of mine and I really like the composition as well as the colors. This was taken in the Ozark mountains.

29872906_1758566480833427_4618350988439571372_o.jpg

That's a shot I could never get with my cell phone camera. Even if I had that long a "shutter" speed I'd need to find a very steady rest for the phone.

Latest posts

Back