Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Leonard Harrison State Park with my dog Sadie to do a little hiking on the Turkey Trail. Trail was closed for the season so just snapped a few pictures from the overlook. Here is one photo of the canyon looking North towards where Craig's (aka @ceeaton ) cabin is located...
It's closer than you think, just around the bend to the left. Almost exactly a mile from where the Turkey path intersects with the bike path down below. When we were kids, we used to walk up the path (there was a set of railroad tracks below back then), hike up the path, then go back down. As we encountered weary hikers coming back up, they would ask us what we were doing. We'd volunteer that we were hiking back down because once wasn't enough. Of course we'd walk back up the tracks to our cabin and a cool drink or two. As a kid we'd enjoy the looks on their faces. Misleading adults was always fun for some reason...

Last edited:
Humor me since I just downloaded and sized my wife's images from her trip to watch my oldest son "graduate" from AF basic training.
Image 1 - is of their "barracks", looks more like a hotel...
Image 2 - right when my wife got there, his unit was known as the "wart-hogs", like his boots
Image -3 - graduation day
Image 4 - River walk
Image 5 - Alamo
Image 6 - SeaWorld (If I was a trainer, I'd worry about becoming a scoobie snack, those are large, hungry looking animals)

12-1-17_image-1.jpg 12-1-17_image-2.jpg 12-1-17_image-3.jpg 12-1-17_image-4.jpg 12-1-17_image-5.jpg 12-1-17_image-6.jpg

Last edited:
Humor me since I just downloaded and sized my wife's images from her trip to watch my oldest son "graduate" from AF basic training.
Man, you missed out on one heck of a trip.
Did she happen to snap any pics of the basement at the Alamo by chance? My friends bike might be down there. :) <——sorry. Peewee Herman reference.
Hey man, you gotta be one proud father. Happy for you and your family.

Last edited:
Man, you missed out on one heck of a trip.
Did she happen to snap any pics of the basement at the Alamo by chance? My friends bike might be down there. :)
Hey man, you gotta be one proud father. Happy for you and your family.
Yes, loving the fact that the US AF would allow a graduation the day after Thanksgiving. Would have cost the two of us less to go this weekend verses her alone last weekend.
I see no images other that the one Alamo one from "up top".
Extremely proud. But even more happy that his new unit doesn't operate during the holidays, so we may very well see him at home for 10 days or so, looking forward to that very much!

I see no images other that the one Alamo one from "up top".
Extremely proud. But even more happy that his new unit doesn't operate during the holidays, so we may very well see him at home for 10 days or so, looking forward to that very much!

Sorry, I hear The Alamo and think of 3 things. PeeWee, Ozzy Osborne, and Davey Crockett, in that order.
IMG_1512180318.078400.jpg
Keeping my fingers crossed for ya. Had the kids add a special intention prayer for “everyone to be with their families on Christmas “

It's closer than you think, just around the bend to the left. Almost exactly a mile from where the Turkey path intersects with the bike path down below. When we were kids, we used to walk up the path (there was a set of railroad tracks below back then), hike up the path, then go back down. As we encountered weary hikers coming back up, they would ask us what we were doing. We'd volunteer that we were hiking back down because once wasn't enough. Of course we'd walk back up the tracks to our cabin and a cool drink or two. As a kid we'd enjoy the looks on their faces. Misleading adults was always fun for some reason...

Craig, I don't recall the trail being closed last year or the year before. Is this something new?

Took me years to train my honey to be able to look ‘through’ the crud and see the potential. It took many fights, tears, long nights crunching $$ numbers, 3 realtors and 2 postponements. But I was adamant. And now she’s excited for the ride. (She’s gonna hate me during- but love me after)[/QUOTE]

Many years ago, probably 30, while house hunting I saw an old farm house I fell in love with. It was on 10 arces had bee hives and a small orchard of some kind. The house was old but in very nice condition. The property was lacking in maintenance so the curb appeal wasn't there. My wife didn't like the fact there were no neighbors, on a 2 lane winding road and was terrified there might be snakes. I think it was going for $150,000.00. Probably 10 years ago directly across the road a subdivision of multi million dollar houses was built on small lots. We could have made a killing.

Craig, I don't recall the trail being closed last year or the year before. Is this something new?
Never remember it being closed, but we rarely are up there any later than early November, unless it was (many) years ago when we visited Grandma in Wellsboro. They probably do it so they don't have to send a team down to extract someone who fell, wouldn't want to do that path when it was icy for sure.

DF0C3CE4-B068-4FDE-8E71-068BFFA4A121.jpeg My long time friend and I bought 625 acres of hunting land 6 years ago. We invested blood, sweat and tears into the endeavor. Spring plantings, fall plantings, soil samples and amendments, counless hours of work on heavy equipment, planting trees, building roads and stands, culling inferior genetics, passing on promising young bucks, harvesting does to maintain ratios, and finally, FINALLY, it paid off. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve taken some nice deer, but this is the best to date. This old 235 pound WD Ranch stud slipped up yesterday and came out 5 minutes before legal shooting time expired. I’ve shot bigger deer, but this is our place, and I’m thrilled!!

Careful, AJ. You're dating yourself.

Lol. Really? Or do you mean dating younger?PeeWee is 80s. And i was an 80’s kid. 34 is likely less than the WMT average age but still requires big boy pants. Handling business and providing for my family is my life. With the added pressure of hoping I don’t screw up these crucial developmental years. Still haven’t received the handbook yet :)

My wife didn't like the fact there were no neighbors, on a 2 lane winding road and was terrified there might be snakes. I think it was going for $150,000.00. Probably 10 years ago directly across the road a subdivision of multi million dollar houses was built on small lots. We could have made a killing.
Totally understand that feeling. Too many woulda/coulda/shoulda’s. Told her we need to ‘get comfortable being uncomfortable’. Days quickly turn into years. I’m an eternal optimist (she calls me a dreamer lol). And she balances us out with her cautionary ways. But I got her on board stressing the big picture. Gonna teach her a little thing about sweat equity!

No, Pee-Wee was dating himself! (In public, that was the problem!) :) :)
Yet he survived the scandal and is revered by my generation. The Harvey Weinstein/Matt Lauers of the world should have taken notes on how to step over the line of decency. Not bellyflop across it.

That deer represents the fruits of your labor. I would think that’s one of the most satisfying feelings. Nice job — on everything!

We banged out the last few listing showings today. Our #1 stayed at #1.
It’s definitely grape vines on the arbor. Of the 4 multitrunked vines, 3 are grape and the front left corner is honeysuckle (according to next door neighbor. Said he enjoyed the humming birds it brought)
House empty for 4 yrs. these vines are obviously a project I welcome with open arms. I’ll be looking into it further once the home becomes more of a reality. Along with about 150 other projects! 20’x23’ basement didn’t even need negotiating. She knows how much designing and building a wineroom/cellar means to me. (As long as she gets her walk-in closet and custom kitchen that is) Plus there’s no shortage of extra space (at least for us) Bring it on I say!
Backyard is huge (to a city boy) with plenty of room for vegetables, the vines, extra large shed, new dog etc... you can see in the pics an old jacked up brick oven I assume—just begging to be restored to greatness. Endless possibilities here.
But 1st order of business would be replacing all the exposed copper stolen from the basement!
IMG_1512257578.354055.jpgIMG_1512257597.880504.jpgIMG_1512257607.358121.jpgIMG_1512257615.393862.jpgIMG_1512257622.807399.jpgIMG_1512257629.058031.jpgIMG_1512257640.453067.jpgIMG_1512257651.761428.jpgIMG_1512257730.829746.jpgIMG_1512257739.106170.jpg

View attachment 45048 My long time friend and I bought 625 acres of hunting land 6 years ago. We invested blood, sweat and tears into the endeavor. Spring plantings, fall plantings, soil samples and amendments, counless hours of work on heavy equipment, planting trees, building roads and stands, culling inferior genetics, passing on promising young bucks, harvesting does to maintain ratios, and finally, FINALLY, it paid off. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve taken some nice deer, but this is the best to date. This old 235 pound WD Ranch stud slipped up yesterday and came out 5 minutes before legal shooting time expired. I’ve shot bigger deer, but this is our place, and I’m thrilled!!
John, that's one beautiful buck. Nice to see you can finally reap the rewards of your hard labor. Now you've got to get your boy out there and let him bring one home like that! I can imagine what New Years Eve dinner will be, maybe some venison tenderloin marinated in your best red wine! Yum!

(Edit: and may I add, that looks like one well fed healthy buck for sure!)

Received a disk today in the mail. The older Son's official AF picture. He looks a little "surly" to me, but I guess I'd look that way after eight weeks of following a bunch of orders.

Edit: I curious to see if that is a pre-tied tie, or did he actually learn to tie one. He had no interest in learning that when he was here with us.

On further review, his demeanor could stem with the fact that he always hated to get "dressed up".

12-2-17_Nick.jpg

Last edited:
Back