Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He only looks young to me...[Could I have possibly looked that young 55 years ago (almost to the day) when I graduated Marine Corps boot camp? ;)]

That deer represents the fruits of your labor. I would think that’s one of the most satisfying feelings. Nice job — on everything!

We banged out the last few listing showings today. Our #1 stayed at #1.
It’s definitely grape vines on the arbor. Of the 4 multitrunked vines, 3 are grape and the front left corner is honeysuckle (according to next door neighbor. Said he enjoyed the humming birds it brought)
House empty for 4 yrs. these vines are obviously a project I welcome with open arms. I’ll be looking into it further once the home becomes more of a reality. Along with about 150 other projects! 20’x23’ basement didn’t even need negotiating. She knows how much designing and building a wineroom/cellar means to me. (As long as she gets her walk-in closet and custom kitchen that is) Plus there’s no shortage of extra space (at least for us) Bring it on I say!
Backyard is huge (to a city boy) with plenty of room for vegetables, the vines, extra large shed, new dog etc... you can see in the pics an old jacked up brick oven I assume—just begging to be restored to greatness. Endless possibilities here.
But 1st order of business would be replacing all the exposed copper stolen from the basement!
View attachment 45052View attachment 45053View attachment 45054View attachment 45055View attachment 45056View attachment 45057View attachment 45058View attachment 45059View attachment 45060View attachment 45061

Your brick oven may actually be a '50s or '60s era barbecue, back when there was a huge fad to put those in back yards. It all looks great, all the right things wrong. Just wanted to post a word of encouragement. Our first house was abandoned for 3 years. Doors left open, people had partied in it, a mess. I worked 6 months to get it redone inside just so we could move in. We doubled our money on that property. Good things come to those who know what to do and are willing to do it themselves. Best of luck.

I'm not suggesting you compromise the bird, but those tail feathers would make some interesting hackle on a dry fly!

The googler tells me that this is an invasive species, so I say "Compromise away!"

And I agree with Bill K, that was on the tip of my tongue (although I thought for a moment that it might have been a White-crowned shama. (Yeah, right! ;) )

My latest work.

This is The Pleiades, AKA Messier 45 (M45), or AKA The Seven Sisters.

It's a star cluster located in the constellation Taurus not far from the Constellation of Orion. It is visible to the naked eye.

This consist of about two hours of total exposure combined together. It was actually (24) five minute images images take with six different filters (luminance (clear), Red, Green, and Blue) Then combined into a single RGB color image.

It has two pixel column artifacts I need to fix by reprocessing it near the bottom right. :(

qZUE5mUBzOmoj7bHOKvOacy40rGqCts0x3AcJRyJ7ka9smOlkc3Tjbrqg2r1T6o6hIDU49XClKl6HEtKBbvIo0j620QHyhE4I-MA4dj2PkG6aVMQn80vAwVZroc-ScYEPdfIu8jfm7Frj5QboJXxFDGNbuoGD1vic6niHOhEJkzsNog6JTHgQD2IWV72rqczeQ540klu4X8EaCJSlMMB944FcHz3I7GZhZm2U8Qe7B07kWkJLCuRcnCsbBRk23q37sTUS2yR5C8JMoWoNRPpFR6zrjbx-IgnKX6tf0t6DWcwrPr7qFxA7GKNBTP0ajVkAT5p0EKzeYINt9TM-balY0D1IYrizqthcYxRz96J9ABeQF239LFCWq0DSREAYwJuQQB7xS07Nks2Gb45mj8d02w4YIwH99fSCwlBy5_sMjwFsPsX9SK0leJsaQxbHanuDWUNx4Mw0nogEXTK1HFICl5fa7D-rt1um_XAvSnoKXb2MK2NyPy6defxzhWJyQZHa3y_hzSMJ9DGXu9CNTAXuclXpy7Gc6pBu3F0q4y13mvYXoj_-V_xCOoYNpgoHhepS24qKV8gTxwkaB9mVC117Uf9qa2_hqioIRWbMQhum1sVqlDLLfV1s7gJxtVOs9BI8f92nFMXmD7P_umrxSJ95TjBhmGQDa13JxNz=w1173-h770-no

Yesterday I received a request from the Astronomical Society of France. They want my Pleiades image (in quoted message above) to grace the cover of their January magazine!

Wow! I've never been published before! (well, outside of the Westport Astronomical Society's (my astronomy club) Astronomy calendar)

Looking it up though only two miles from the beach it reads like a hike with a bit of a challenge. Even small stream crossings can be challenging even for younger and more experienced hikers.

Toughest 1.8 mile hike I have ever done. Up and down, switchbacks along the coast with drop-offs that are literally "to die for" in places........ Toss in most of the trail is strewn with large rocks and spots where the trail is very muddy/slick from small streams running over the trail and you have a real ball buster. My feet (bottom) and quads are killing me this morning. Looks to be an "Aleve" and pool/hot tub kind of day today while doing some laundry. :)

IMG_2813.jpg IMG_2816.jpg

Looking it up though only two miles from the beach it reads like a hike with a bit of a challenge. Even small stream crossings can be challenging even for younger and more experienced hikers.

Last edited:

Toughest 1.8 mile hike I have ever done. Up and down, switchbacks along the coast with drop-offs that are literally "to die for" in places........ Toss in most of the trail is strewn with large rocks and spots where the trail is very muddy/slick from small streams running over the trail and you have a real ball buster. My feet (bottom) and quads are killing me this morning. Looks to be an "Alleve" and pool/hot tub kind of day today while doing some laundry. :)

I'll vouch for Mike. I have done that hike twice, 15 years apart. It was quite challenging even when I was 20 years younger than I am today!

CIMG2614.JPG.jpg

So much for taking a day off. LOL Our BFF's we are traveling with wanted to hike to the "Queens Bath" which is only about a mile from where we are staying here in Princeville. This place has taken about 40 lives so far. Best time to actually get into the water is during the Summer months. Attached is a snap of what we saw this morning and then some web pics I grabbed for comparison. Beautiful but deadly spot.

IMG_2901.jpg img_9677.jpg Hawaii-Kauai-Queens-bath.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Hawaiian Triathlon yesterday. Kayaked 2.5 miles up the Wailua river. Beached the kayaks. Hiked one mile to the Wailua falls (Fantasy Island) Swam in the Wailua falls pool, ate lunch at the falls then hiked and kayaked back to the starting point. No rest for the wicked in Kauai. Last pic is of course Mrs. IB relaxing in the falls pool........ :)

Wailua-River-State-Park.jpg Wailua+River.jpg img_2416.jpg

Latest posts

Back