Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A rare occurrence in South Louisiana, but this is the scene today. Wine room is at 53 F, despite the thermostat being set at 55F, another rarity......
Well, more wine diamonds! You officially have more snow that we've received this year, and I think this storm is far enough East of us that we'll just get a few flakes (nothing that head-n-shoulders can't take care of). My Son did some Facetime with us last night and said just East of them in Northeast Texas it was snowing pretty good. He won't have to worry about that after mid-January, he'll be going to Eglin AFB in Florida for 1/2 a year or so. Nice timing on that move!

Well, more wine diamonds! You officially have more snow that we've received this year, and I think this storm is far enough East of us that we'll just get a few flakes (nothing that head-n-shoulders can't take care of). My Son did some Facetime with us last night and said just East of them in Northeast Texas it was snowing pretty good. He won't have to worry about that after mid-January, he'll be going to Eglin AFB in Florida for 1/2 a year or so. Nice timing on that move!

I was a little north of here this morning taking some folks on a quail hunt, in the snow, how cool, right? Well it was a first and very enjoyable and beautiful, but we did end up a little wet and chilly from the snow that melted on us, but it was quite an experience. The drive home was uncharted territory for most as well, lots of big rigs, cars and trucks wrecked on the interstate, was happy to be home safe.

Photo taken a few miles from where Craig's (aka @ceeaton ) cabin is located. Natural spring was running out the hillside but then water was freezing on the twigs and moss. Looked better in person but since I've not uploaded a photo in awhile you guys will just have to indulge me... :)

IMAG1321[1].jpg

Photo taken a few miles from where Craig's (aka @ceeaton ) cabin is located. Natural spring was running out the hillside but then water was freezing on the twigs and moss. Looked better in person but since I've not uploaded a photo in awhile you guys will just have to indulge me... :)
Okay, I give. There are a gazillion springs around that area (helps when you have a 1000+ foot vertical drop within a few hundred yards of horizontal distance), where is that one, the side our cabin is on or the rails to trails side? The ice forming up the stems is quite interesting, image looks good to me, so I can imagine in person was something more special.

Okay, I give. There are a gazillion springs around that area (helps when you have a 1000+ foot vertical drop within a few hundred yards of horizontal distance), where is that one, the side our cabin is on or the rails to trails side? The ice forming up the stems is quite interesting, image looks good to me, so I can imagine in person was something more special.

You're certainly right about there being a lot of springs in our neck of the woods. This small one happens to be on the Rails to Trails just North of Coltons Point before you get to the Route 6 overpass.

You're certainly right about there being a lot of springs in our neck of the woods. This small one happens to be on the Rails to Trails just North of Coltons Point before you get to the Route 6 overpass.
Okay, I have an idea where you took that picture.

Now that I look at the image closer, I realize my eyes were playing tricks on me. Looked like the ice was forming from the base of the "stems" but in reality those are like stalactites, not a stalagmite. Shows how ones perspective can skew reality!

Okay, I have an idea where you took that picture.

Now that I look at the image closer, I realize my eyes were playing tricks on me. Looked like the ice was forming from the base of the "stems" but in reality those are like stalactites, not a stalagmite. Shows how ones perspective can skew reality!

To me kinda resembles a non-squiggly Jackson Pollock painting. Whatever... it got me to stop and snap a photo and then post it here.

To me kinda resembles a non-squiggly Jackson Pollock painting. Whatever... it got me to stop and snap a photo and then post it here.
I could see where you would see that. If the canvas was at an angle and you dripped the paint at the top, it would run down and mimic the "icicles" in your non-painted image.

I learn so much on this forum. You are now my designated "art history" professor!

Headed back to the mainland yesterday. Hard to leave 75 and sunny every day. We had a 20 min shower the last night but other than that not a drop of rain the whole week. As luck would have it they had a Costco about a mile from the Airport in Lihue and we stocked up on groceries and lots of the prepared foods that all you do is toss in the oven. Dinner out every night would have cost a small fortune. Ate out lunch most days and one night in Hanalei Bay.

IMG_2982.JPG IMG_3024.JPG IMG_3041.JPG IMG_3043.JPG

Was fun watching all the big birds take off and land today from LAX while we waited for our SWA 737 short bus to take us back to NM. This Asiana Airlines was easily the biggest thing we saw out the window. Massive thing for sure.

Asiana_A380_HL7625_3.jpg

Latest posts

Back