Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As a fellow “inside presser”, two small additions to your setup next time would help. First, a drop cloth to cover the floor and up the walls a bit, a nice canvas style one that is absorptive. Second, wrap your press basket in Saran Wrap, it will eliminate all splashing when loading the press, and all squirters while applying pressure. Those two things improved my footprint immensely.

As a fellow “inside presser”, two small additions to your setup next time would help. First, a drop cloth to cover the floor and up the walls a bit, a nice canvas style one that is absorptive. Second, wrap your press basket in Saran Wrap, it will eliminate all splashing when loading the press, and all squirters while applying pressure. Those two things improved my footprint immensely.

Thanks for the tips! I had made an informed decision not to use a dropcloth because I have a tile floor. However, I did not anticipate the squirting from the sides of the press! Therefore, I did not anticipate the walls becoming sullied.

It was only about 15 minutes cleanup, actually. But you will be sure that I use the saran wrap trick next time!

I press on a concrete floor, but do put a tarp down to minimize the damage. As far as 'squirters', I've found that slower pressing prevents that. Though I will admit that on my most recent press, Dad was operating the press a little too quickly and as I was next to it, moving some things around, I got nailed in the eye.

ZQSDdLO.jpg

Was that a liquid only breakfast?

Best kind, but I tend to need that Anxiety book a few posts back for my last day on a vacation. DT's I think, so I try not to go on vacations anymore...

Evening puppy walks are now in the dark. I'm finding so many of the mundane things viewed in the daylight show up interesting at night illuminated by my hunting cap LED light. This picture is by by LED hunting cap headlight and phone flash...

IMAG1222[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back