New from PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_d

Reaction score
Hello from Pennsylvania.

I'm a homebrewer looking to add some good wine to my repertoire. From perusing the forum, I can see being a member here will greatly assist me in achieving that goal.

Welcome to the forum!

Wife and I are planning to put our house here in CT up for sale (April?) and move to the Mansfield area of PA where we have family on my wife's side. Besides getting to PA to see family around Mansfield and Williamsport I get to PA 4-6 times a year to hunt (deer and turkey) my brother's property near Burnt Cabins in Fulton county.

Mike, I used to work in Landisville. I'm exactly 1 hour and 5 minutes from you, depending on the traffic I hit on Rt. 30. We'll have to meet up sometime and swap some of our early "creations".

Craig

Thanks for the welcome.

@ceeaton: funny about your former job in Landisville. Not many businesses here. Although, I do currently work here, though perhaps not for much longer.

I had to look up East Berlin. It's remarkably close, but seemingly on the other side of the world from me. I don't travel much. I can't even tell you the last time I crossed the river.

Mike, I rarely get on that side of the river either. Maybe a few times a year to visit in-laws who live "on the other side". Grew up near Mechanicsburg. Extended family was from up north in the Wellsboro area.

Used to work for an outfit named Alphabet Graphics, then part of it was sold to Lancaster Ultragraphics. They have since been split/sold, so I guess I got out at the right time!

PS. Have some "bitters" in the keg, gotta keep up my homebrewing technique.

Wow. Lots of us print-types here. I've been with the same small shop for 14 years, but have an interview with another small shop later this week. I know pretty much all aspects of production, but am primarily just running a six color digital press now. @Kraffty: 202 for me, but I'm an equal opportunity imbiber. :)

Indiana, PA??? Now you are getting close to MY backyard. And besides, my daughter and my money go to IUP....

Welcome all.

And I too, used to work for a very large daily financial newspaper printer.....

Welcome Mike,
Any questions you may have, I'll try to help. My daughter lives in Johnstown, Pa.

Latest posts

Back