Jalapeno

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gird123

Reaction score
I have 160 big jalapeno peppers in the freezer.

I want to do 5 gallons medium heat and 1 gallon HOT. I read the thread and it appears there are different recipes. Suggestions? Is it better to back sweeten? If so what SG do you back sweeten to? Do you drink or just cook with?

Thank you,

Nate

I have 160 big jalapeno peppers in the freezer.

I want to do 5 gallons medium heat and 1 gallon HOT. I read the thread and it appears there are different recipes. Suggestions? Is it better to back sweeten? If so what SG do you back sweeten to? Do you drink or just cook with?

Thank you,

Nate

It is better to back sweeten to your taste. I would start at a 1.01 and go up from there.
Heat again is a personal preference. I am thinking a medium heat would be 4-7 peppers per gallon. Remember peppers can also carry different heat from different areas. Hope this helps.

I used about 40 peppers "jalapeno" for a 6 gallon batch. I believe it's HOT! Still clearing, got another week or so.

We used a apple concentrate base.

Seeds in. I trimmed off the stems, then cut them up a bit. Added a cup of raisins. Don't recall starting gravity, I believe it was around 10% abv

I punched down the pepper cap twice/thrice per day. When I removed them it was like getting punched in the face from the fumes.

.......... When I removed them it was like getting punched in the face from the fumes.

That wine could double as pepper spray. Just do your best spit-take to rid yourself of annoying people

spit.gif

hot

80 jalapenos chopped no seeds
25 jalapenos chopped seeds
4.5 Lbs raisins
10 LBS Sugar
10 black Tea bags Lipton
0.5 LBS HONEY
5.5 GALLON WATER
2 TSP ACID BLEND to 0.60
5 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nut
11/13/10 1.090
11/13/10 K1-1116
11/20/10 rack to 2nd 0.993
12/29/10 3 campden tablets and
12/29/10 Superkleen
01/27/11 bottled

How did yours turn out? I used a lot more peppers that Dj. IMO mine is awesome. A little bit goes a long way. HOT.

I rushed this one. It was very clear and I wanted to start something else. My production is not keeping up with consumption.

Latest posts

Back