Second run blackberry/jalapeño help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzyq2

Reaction score
So I've been reading some older threads about jalapeño wine that included apple or grape juice that I wanted to try. Then I came across a thread about second runnings with blackberrys that Arne answered and am excited to try. So the jelly's great what about wine? I will have 25 lbs of blackberry mush in about 5 days. Any thoughts on how many gallons I should shoot for? I'm hoping for a nice drinkable sipping wine not a cooking wine. 10 peppers per gallon half seeded? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

That's a good little tidbit. I just transferred a chipotle/ berry mix and it was a little over powering with that smokey taste. No heat though. Please keep us updated with the wines.

That's a good little tidbit. I just transferred a chipotle/ berry mix and it was a little over powering with that smokey taste. No heat though. Please keep us updated with the wines.
I have 2 pepper wines in secondary and 9 different peppers vac sealed and frozen to keep me occupied during the winter. I'm working my way up the Scoville scale and a couple might be deadly.

Back