Hey everyone from Ga.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jableon

Junior
Reaction score
My name is Jim I live in Hahira Ga. My Sis talked me into wine making and now I cant wait to get started. My sister just joined her name is shelly. My Grandpa Petrucci used to nmake wine when we were wee tots well I was not so much my older sis shelly. I know my sis will help me with this alot but I will have to also rely on you all who knows what is really going on. I am looking foward to talking with you all to learn how to make wine. Shelly has already got started so she go ta jump on me but i will be right behind her soon as I get my kit in. I dont have a wine making supply store around here so i will be looking for best place on web to order what I will continue to need.

Ready to drink

Jim
P.S. thanks sis and the Forum management for getting this fixed and getting me on here.....

Our pleasure Jim and again sorry about the screw up. By the way Thanks for protecting us as I hear you are in the armed forces!!!!! Above in the banner in the middle of the page are 2 great places to buy wine making supplies and there should be another 1 there next week hopefully. There are many places out there that are great but these few support our site and that helps us. What kind of wine did grand dad make and did you ever have any? Any of his stuff still around like wine or carboys, hydrometer or anything?

Thanks

Thanks Wade I was using my Air Force computer and who knows what comes from that IP address to screw things up. Yes been with the Air Force over a total 20 years Vet of Desert Shield and Desert Storm. Great I will check out those banners cause my sis is already telling me additional things I need to get. I ordered the kit with the Tropical fruit flavor I like sweet wine . My grand pa made Muscadine I was little but I can remember how much he enjoyed it with hillside of grape vines and a building full of bottles and barrels i am sure shelly will remember alot more. He had past away a long time ago so I am not sure what happened to his wine or equipment since then . We use to drink wine since we were wee small since my grndpa wasnt into sodas or water lol he was all about his Wine and Cigars.
Thanks again for getting me fixed on here and look foward to it

Hi Jim! Welcome to the forum and thanks for serving. :br Good Luck!!

Muscadine wine is awesome, wish I had thoise grapes available over here. Where did he live, Arkansas?

Yay!! Hello Baby Brother! I'm so happy you're here with me. Jim and I live hundreds of miles from each other. He's in Georgia and I'm in Maryland, so how fun is this going to be!

Papa Petrucci was actually our great grandfather. He was an Italian immigrant that settled in West Virginia to work in the coal mines, like many Italian immigrants did in the 30's and 40's. One would not think West Virginia would be a good place to grow grapes but I remember his grapes, hanging down through a lattice like roof with like 6 small tree timbers supporting the sides. I am older than Jim so I remember it well, it was a magical place to play under those incredible grapes. Papa clearly knew what he was doing and had a green thumb, at least for those grapes. I dont know what happend to his things. He has been gone for nearly 30 years now. His cellar was dark and a bit scary, built into the side of a hillside, typical of West Virgiia. I do remember all the bottles and equipment but was never allowed to drink the wine.

Welcome to the forum, Jim. Glad to have you here.

What part of Italy was your Grandfather from? All my Grandparents were from Caserta, about 25 miles from Naples.

Welcome Jim & Shelly! It's always fun to have someone to start a new hobby with! (even if there is a distance) Everyone here has been great to us Newbies! :)

Welcome Jim, from a fellow Georgian. Thanks for your service. I live in the No. Ga. Mtn's, 1 mile to Tenn. & 8 to No. Car. I make Apple, Peach & Blueberry from local sources, & many different Kits. Ditto on the Toy Store being a great place to purchase wine stuff. Let me know if I can help. My Grandpa [Germany] also made wine, mostly Elderberry, wish I had all his barrels. I make an Elderberry Wine with his name on it. Roy FightingTown Creek Wines

Jim welcome to WMT and thank you for your service. Muscadine wine is awesome! I think that needs to be your's and Shelly's long term goal to learn how to make it. There are several foks here that do an excellent job on it. It's nice to see the two of you in the hobby and carrying on grandpa's passion. Pretty soon the two of you will be making some ports and smoking cigars. LOL

Hey Wade he lived in WVa. grew his own on his hillside. he was originally from Trisungo Italy

Welcome to the forum, Jim. Glad to have you here.

What part of Italy was your Grandfather from? All my Grandparents were from Caserta, about 25 miles from Naples.
Hey Rocky Grandpa was from Trisungo Italy a pretty big jump north from Caserta but awesome that they are from there

Welcome Jim, from a fellow Georgian. Thanks for your service. I live in the No. Ga. Mtn's, 1 mile to Tenn. & 8 to No. Car. I make Apple, Peach & Blueberry from local sources, & many different Kits. Ditto on the Toy Store being a great place to purchase wine stuff. Let me know if I can help. My Grandpa [Germany] also made wine, mostly Elderberry, wish I had all his barrels. I make an Elderberry Wine with his name on it. Roy FightingTown Creek Wines
Thanks beautiful land up there my Father in law has a condo in gaitlinburg so we go through that are when going up there love to move up there someday thats great that you put his name on your elderberry wine. I guess if I ever made Moonshine I could put my Grandpa Browns name on that lol My sis Shelly will comment on this

Jim welcome to WMT and thank you for your service. Muscadine wine is awesome! I think that needs to be your's and Shelly's long term goal to learn how to make it. There are several foks here that do an excellent job on it. It's nice to see the two of you in the hobby and carrying on grandpa's passion. Pretty soon the two of you will be making some ports and smoking cigars. LOL
Yhanks RunningWolf Yea maybe we can put his name on that like FTC said he did for his, my sis and I will have to figure it out and try it since that seems where we started from she said we never drank it but I understood he use to put it in our cups for us but I was pretty young

Latest posts

Back