Here it comes again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You folks who live in upper state NY are lucky to have personnel who can remove snow and ice. A friend of mine from Buffalo justs laughs at the ineptitude of snow removal in south eastern PA. And they are running out of salt. The utilities don't do so well any more either. Today's appliance of the day:

IMG_5469.jpg

I think you winemakers in the northern states should just head to the south Texas coast along with your "Winter Texan" neighbors.
Florida must be full because at the at the grocery yesterday I was noticing license plates were about 60% out of state. There were so many, I made a note of some. Alaska, Manitoba, Minnesota, New York, Michigan, Indiana, Ontario and Iowa. You can also tell the "winter Texans inside the store. They all have white skin, white hair and white tennis shoes. The tennis shoes are always a give away. We locals wear flip flops or boat shoes most of the time. lol

So let me know if you get super tired of it. I have space for 10 available and a lot of bottling to be done :D

Well so far our couple inches has turned into about 6. I went out to do a rough plowing so I can get out alright to bring a kid to school (yes they are open here) later and it started snowing and blowing harder than it has all day. Now they say another 4-6 inches today.

Last nights storm left us without power. Since I'm on septic and well we had to take a room in a motel. I am writing from a Ramada Inn. I wonder what kind of wine they have.

Last nights storm left us without power. Since I'm on septic and well we had to take a room in a motel. I am writing from a Ramada Inn. I wonder what kind of wine they have.

You didn't bring any?

Hats off to all of you up north....I couldnt,wouldnt,shouldnt live in that weater.
As lori said...flip flops and boats shoes, is pretty standard here...
I only have two pair of socks, and 3 pair of jeans, for winter (minus my real winter clothes, one outfit, for when i was in wisconsin.
Good luck to all of you.

Well after this winter - I am ready to move down South !!
We live the Western Suburbs of Chicago - and I have been snowplowing and fixing water main breaks, and trucks - which seems to be almost everyday now. I have not had 2 consecutive days off since last year some time -

Yes Dan the cold has certainly settled back in. It was only 18 degrees all day and will be back close to 0F tonight. Come on spring!

I got the snowblower working and had to clear the driveway to make to to work today. and I had to clear the driveway again when I got home. My wife is very appreciative, though there is ice on the driveway that I will have to negotiate tomorrow morning.

Really getting sick of this weather! Nothing better then working all day and coming home to 2.25 hours of snow blowing and shoveling!

I left work an hour early, so I would not have to deal with the rush hour traffic in the bad driving conditions.
I drove 25 miles home going no more than 30 miles an hour.
Made a quick stop to the liquor store to buy some top up wine ( I was not the only customer they had all day)
Get home prepared to snow blow only to find my wife had done it.
She has never used my snow blower before. She found the manual, read the directions and figured it out!

I have no doubt I picked a good one!

It is 11 degrees outside right now.

ELEVEN!

We have a light dusting of snow as well.
This is crap! I live in Texas, this should be the land of no snow.

-17 this morning. Coldest it has been for several years. Still not much snow, but maybe we can wait a couple of months and get rain. Can't complain too loud, tho. Been a pretty decent winter, fairly warm and not much snow or ice. Arne.

Looks like we missed the boat once again. Storm went mostly South of us. Got like an inch of Snow and that was it. Another front is lined up for Friday. Fingers crossed, we need all the moisture we can get.

At 6 a.m. we were at -6 and our noon temperature was 3 with a high today of 9. Had 6 inches of snow yesterday. Windy with a lot of drifting. No real warm ups until next Thursday. Lucky for me that while I was out trying to snow blow my way through the drifts in the driveway, the kid from down the road came by with his farm tractor and pushed the snow for me. My daughter had the day off work. She and the dog headed back to the vineyard to go sledding.

IMG_1958.jpg

Well it started snowing at 3:30 am here, they are forecasting Between 10 -18 inches here, with significant sleet/ice accumulations and 25 mph winds with gusts up to 50 mph......
Schools are closed as well as the colleges, at least I wont have to drive my kids back and forth, now to see if my wife has to go in to work, as I will drive her.... So much for my ceremonial "Blizzard Brew Day"......grrrrrrr...

We were fortunate this time around, no storm for Western PA! Those of you who are getting hit with this storm, be safe.

Almost a foot on the ground here and it's not supposed to be over until tonight.

We are supposed to get 12"-14" here. Im sooooooooo tired of this crap this winter!! White flag has been waving for 3 storms. Stupid ground hog, next year when that creature is about to come out the only shadow he is going to see is one of a. 228 round heading towards him at the speed of an AR15!!!!!

Back