Here it comes again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkinman

Reaction score
Forecast is up to 14 inches of snow tomorrow followed by sleet/freezing rain, then Monday up to 30 inches?! WTF!!!

It is the forecasted sleet and freezing rain that has me particularly concerned. Do I do snow removal and then try dealing with the sleet and freezing rain or let that stuff fall on top of the snow and then deal with it once it is all finished? At 69 years of age it is getting tougher and tougher dealing with 680' driveway. I do my own using a snow blower. Because of a large hill section it must get cleaned or you're not getting in or out. UGH! :snw

Well that second storm for Sunday into Monday is a possible total miss. 1 system says total miss while another says Nor'easter. After stacking a cord of wood. Saturday, doing the snow yesterday and working my back and shoulder isnt ready for this storm at all and please lord dont let that other storm come here!

Just a couple inches expected here tomorrow. Probably nothing Sunday but you never know! In a few weeks we will be getting storms like those as the jetstream moves north again.

I honestly feel kinda sorry for you guys, but we all have to deal with what ever comes our way, as to where we live.
Here...from may to July..there is a rancid,ugly,awful smell, form seaweed rotting on the beach, tons and tons and tons.
then from July to the end of September it is terribly hot and humid.
90 percent humidity and 95 degrees...it is awful.
when I am sweltering, you guys are comfortable.
when your comfortable, i am dying...lol

We are getting 6 - 8 inches but the worst will be the freezing rain we are suppose to get tomorrow morning. Sounds like another school closing so there goes another one of my free vacation days! Dam it!

I was on the beach yesterday in Boca Raton, 80 degrees and a nice breeze. Today shoveling snow, waiting on the next storm and the next. Can't take this anymore. Lol, Bakervinyard

I got a rock……… :(

138811461553.png

Tom, We nearly met the record for temperature today. the record is 87, it made it to 86! Beautiful in southwest Florida!

Tom, We nearly met the record for temperature today. the record is 87, it made it to 86! Beautiful in southwest Florida!

Lets keep that nice weather, we'll be in Orlando visiting a giant mouse in March...Given the weather we have her, it won't come soon enough.

Finally a real chance for some moisture! That huge high pressure system that has been parked over California blocking it from much needed rain for the West Coast has moved on down the road and we now have an open shot at back to back to back storms moving in from the West to the East. These fronts are not all that cold but can have boatloads of moisture. Hoping to get some big (snow) dumps soon. Have one hitting later today, Friday, then Monday. We had a nice start back in early November with a couple of 4-6 " snows then nothing for all of Late November, December, January…..

SE Pennsylvania is having an ice storm

Woke this morning to ice. Since I have a 35 mile commute I bagged work and decided to rack wine using a pump. The power went off right in the middle of the rack so had to finish with the auto siphon and a head light (on my head) cause I'm in a basement with very little light. Just left everything in heap since my well won't run without power. If this happens to you remember to turn off your pump.

8" of snow and a hard crust of ice on top of that, most all schools in Butler County are closed, I guess roads were pretty slippery this morning.

What's really interesting is how often a lot of the weather prognosticators are referring (if not almost defaulting ) to the "European Models" of North American weather. Gotta say tho that they seem to be quite accurate!

Well Julie, another log in the fireplace and more time to watch your brews aging!!

We have 12" of snow at the moment and still coming down fairly strong, the forecast says that it'll taper off for an hr or so then start back up with a vengeance before turning to sleet and freezing rain.
All schools are closed, the interstate (I-84) is closed, this reminds me of the storms that we use to get when I was a kid.

Wife and kids are home because school is closed.
However, I drove to work through a foot of snow down the highway. (2 cinder blocks in my trunk)
A 25 mile drive, which usually takes about 20 minutes, took 50 minutes. I played it safe and did not go over 30mph.
I get to work and the Gov has declared a state of emergency, do you think that means I can go home. NOPE.

I will have to shovel my way into my house and then spend 2+ hours snow blowing the drivway and raking the roof!

(all with the nastiest chest cold that has left me wanting to just lye down for the last 3 days)
:ft

Latest posts

Back