Here it comes again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmfao!!!!!

My wife works for a podiatrist, they are staying open...that means that I have to drive in this crap, their patient base is 80% senior citzens, how many do they think will actually be driving in this crap....it is coming down hard.

While you guys are getting hammered once again, here in the "banana belt" we are basking in Sun (and sand I suppose, no water though…..) We are going to be as much as 20 degrees HIGHER than average on Saturday! :sm

Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 7.30.40 AM.png

While you guys are getting hammered once again, here in the "banana belt" we are basking in Sun (and sand I suppose, no water though…..) We are going to be as much as 20 degrees HIGHER than average on Saturday! :sm

It's not often, but sometimes, I really wish we could "not like" a post. :)

Thanks for rubbing it in, Mike. :D

We are going to pay for it this Spring when it heats up and we get our Spring winds in April/May……… :(

0530-New-Mexico-forest-fire_full_600.jpg

Sometimes is does seem that way. Its horrific to see each year as more and more trees are lost to forrest fire and draught it seems. While we don't have any active volcano's we do have a beautiful (leftover part) of an inactive volcano just up the road a few miles. The Valles Caldera (preserve) was once an active volcano and it blew its top (a long time ago) and the meadow you see now is all that is left. They are trying to turn this into a National Park but its a hard sell these days with no $$$$$ for the NPS.

470473a-f1.2.jpg

HOUSE-I-TOSIS!!! 6-8" snow/ice on the ground for a week and a half, rivers frozen, Lake Erie nearly 100% iced over and temps not even approaching freezing yet. YOI!!! Nothing to do but watch bulk aging and tasting some :re .

Yikes, just read through this thread.....I feel for all those in the mid-west and eastern states! I expect bad winters, but honestly this one hasn't been too bad, just a normal WY winter. And as my husband say, I can't really complain as I work in my basement and don't have to drive when we have a blizzard. BUT that also means I don't get snow days!!!:ft
ibglowin, we had a 10 year drought up here that ended a couple of years ago...we thought we would never get moisture again, and everything seemed to be burning. Hope the weather pattern changes soon for you and CA!

How is the snow piling up Pumkinman? When we started with forecasts this AM we were expecting 2-4 inches, by midday they said 6-10, now they are predicting 10-16 inches here. Not looking foreward to it.

Rich, there has to be over a foot out there and they are now calling for another foot by tomorrow!

Our tech support for our financial software is in Maine. We just had a major upgrade completed but there are a lot of issues and I am the system admin, so I have to deal with all the issues that are not working. So I call this afternoon to get an update on some of the issues and the tech I am working with tells me that our work tickets have been put on a back burner because they are all being sent home. They got 16" of snow and it was still coming down.

I just got volunteered to drive my wife to work again tomorrow....the problem is, every time I walk into the office, I end up doing hrs upon hrs of IT work for them...lol
Good thing they are the nicest people that you could want to meet!

I just got done doing the driveway and the walkways again and Im shot. I hope to God it doesnt start back up again like they say it is going to. Ive got nothing left! First round was about 8" and this time was about 2" but was packed hard as we had freezing rain for about 2 hours and you really have to dig the snow blower in.

.Wade,
They're calling for anywhere between 1 -5 more inches by Sunday......

Here is a little recap of our storm and the results:

The pic of my back porch through the window in the door, the snow is just below the window, about 2.5 -3 ft of the crap!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

It has about quit snowing here and we lucked out again. We only ened up with 5-6 inches here - almost not worth plowing, but did anyway.

Looks like 1-4 for us here. I havent looked any further in the week but I think I heard just rain. My yard looks the same as yours Tom, if it gets much higher Im not sure my snow blower will be useful without aiming it all the way up and spraying the crap out of the house!

Latest posts

Back