Here it comes again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Lord!!!! I don't know who is more out of control, Tom or Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another 3-6 between Tuesday and Wed....ok...I've had enough of this crap now...
No one has any salt in a 50 mile radius!
Here is how they were clearing roofs of 3 ft of snow....

george.jpg

winter just will not let up for all you up north....i would hate it.
its 70 here and suppose to be for 5 more days...foggy, really foggy...
but warm....

Yeah, I was up on our 2 flatter roofs yesterday getting rid of the snow. So sick of this crap!!!! 3-6 for us coming here also and then warmer temps and lots of rain to weigh that snow down good.

We got socked again today. It was only a foot or so, but there was lots of wind. Everywhere that one had shoveled, the snow filled back in, thanks to the wind. Lots of slow going on the roads.

So far today, we have hit 60 degrees, but with that came flooding. Ground is still frozen and all of this snow melt is causing problems all over the area. This warm weather is to short lived though. Parts of my yard are flooded and one row of Catawba are now flooded. They were planted last fall and I mulched the rows and put soil around the plants in hopes of protecting the roots this winter.....so much for that, the mulch has washed away. Have never seen water this high before.

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

Dang, it's only 39 in the part of Illinois I come from. Gonna rain and after temps fall turning to snow. Wind gusts of 50 mph.

Illinois sure has had feast or famine with water the last few years.

We sat out on the porch last night in our shirtsleeves and listened to the peeper frogs singing. Sipped a couple of ciders. Slept with the windows open. Storms coming tonight will knock us back to the 60s again. But we're supposed to fall into the 40s for highs about 8 days from now.

We sat out on the porch last night in our shirtsleeves and listened to the peeper frogs singing. Sipped a couple of ciders. Slept with the windows open. Storms coming tonight will knock us back to the 60s again. But we're supposed to fall into the 40s for highs about 8 days from now.

:):):):):):):):) What can I say, even the weather is messed up in this state!

Ahh, it's spring time in central Illinois. Woke up to snow this morning and 27 degree temperatures.

Back