Hello from South New Jersey

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spwhite65

Junior
Reaction score
Been making wine for about 3 years now. mostly from kits but have made a few batchs from scratch. mostly dry wine cause I am still learning how to back sweeten. When I am not playing in my wine closet I am out on my harley...I am a Air Force VET and don't work so I needed a hobby. Just a warning in advance that I ahve a ton of questions...

Well welcome to this forum. Feel free to ask away, we are here for you. Few other great wine makers from Jersy on here. Of course if you were from PA I would say LOTS of other great wine makers from there. :)

Welcome spwhite65. You have come to the right place! we have lots of people here to answer your questions. Thank you for your service!! I am retired Army (but I still have to work) But I still find time for this habit... :ib

Welcome! (neighbor)
I'm not that far from you. You can stop by anytime..

Ask away! Where you getting your supplies?

Well welcome to this forum. Feel free to ask away, we are here for you. Few other great wine makers from Jersy on here. Of course if you were from PA I would say LOTS of other great wine makers from there. :)
YO DAN!
he's real close to ME!
Remember what I taught you... LOL

Welcome spwite, sweetening a wine when done is very easy. Just make sure the wine is stable by verifying it three days in a row with no sg change and then you can add your sulfite and sorbate. After do this just give it a few days to make sure those agents are thoroughly blended in to your wine and then you can sweeten your wine with either a wine conditioner sold in wine making supply stores even better and cheaper is a simple solution whih consists of 2 cups of sugar to 1 cup of boiling water until the sugar is dissolved. Then cool and add to your wine to taste but its also a good idea to use your hydrometer here also to know for future reference about where you like some wines sweetened to.

SPWhit, welcome to an excellant forum. Another US Army retiree here very close to you in Bellmawr. Feel free. :b

Hi Spwhite65,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Glad you found your way here

Latest posts

Back