Frank & Rita

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go to New Jersey to bury my Dad so ice fishing is on hold, but Rita and I did stop on the way home in Hew Hampshire to pick up two 6lb lobsters!! (You can't get then any larger than 4lbs in Maine)

CIMG2025Medium.jpg

Rita gets silly when she is near a big lobster...lol

CIMG2026Medium.jpg

Very sorry about your loss Frank. I think Id be silly if that lobster was in front of me too!!!!!!! That big ss bowl would have to be full of drawn butter though!
smiley17.gif

Frank,

Sorry about loosing your father but I think you were somewhat prepared for that but it is still a hard loss. At least you saw him not too long ago.

My sympathies,
Ramona

Our sympathy and prayers go out to you and your family stinkie on the loss of your Dad

I'm going in for Hernia surgery Wednesday the 18th, I need to find a new way to lift these carboys and primarys!!! I was making beer the otherday and after when I was taking a shower, things were out of place, got my attention real quick, I have had no pain but things gots to get fixed.
smiley3.gif

Gotta get that fixed.Don't want to be out of commission too long.

Take it easy Frank.

Ramona

If they do a laproscopic procedure, it won't take very long forthe procedure to be done on an outpatient basis and you can get back to work in a few days. Good luck Frank (I'm assuming this isn't Rita
smiley36.gif
)!

Gotta get the vacuum racking pump Frank, I have a bad back and that is why I broke down and bought a unit like Appleman and let me tell you it is great. I can rack up from the floor so I dont have to pick anything up but an empty carboy anymore. Believe it or not we are getting older even if we choose to ignore it. You can degas and also filter with it too.

Sorry to hear about this Frank...
Take care and hope they get things back in order....

Now, this vacuum pump sounds like a good idea...then I could make wine by myself and not be so dependent.

Thanks Wade...That beats a sore back.
Jim complained a bit the other day...he lifted a 5 gallon carboy and commented he liked lifting them better than the 6's....So, that was the first clue that they are getting heavy.

If you are interested in buying 1 of these ask the seller and make sure they will sell to you as some will only sell to a person in the medical field. My friend just bought the same unit as appleman for $39 plus shipping which was $25. It doesnt have to be brand new as the only thing that touches your wine is the hoses which you use for racking. Make sure it is an aspirator pump as there are other kinds of vacuum pumps sold at wine stores which run the wine through the motor and also are not oiless so spew oil out the exhaust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120374808025

This seller does not require validation and will sell it to you. This item has been relisted at least once, so they are asking a little more than people are willing to pay for it at this time. I'd give it until the last day and see if anyone bids. If it closes without a sale. email them about your interest in the item and you were concerned that you couldn't buy it because of possible restrictions that they stated on the auction. Perhaps you can get it at a lower price.

NW if they ask about your need for the unit, just tell them you are a recurrent cancer patient who needs respiratory therapy during treatments. That should do it for you.

Thank God for your respiratory therapists
smiley2.gif

We and your Nurses keep your doctors from hurting you
smiley36.gif

Thanks everyone for the information and links....

I am a recurring Cancer patient who's husband needs it to transfer wine...would that work???
smiley4.gif

I did empty my Inbox now....
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back