Frank & Rita

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the phone lines are noisy with all the snow. That kicks the modems back in speed and makes the situation worse. Hopefully it will improve as the weather does.

Went to Cape Cod fishing with my brother JT and his friend John yesterday, I caught a 39" Striped Bass and a Bluefish, JT got 2 keeper Stripers, We had a great time, stopped in Portsmouth NH and picked up a 11lb lobster for the Lovely Rita on the way home, but how many pictures of lobsters do you want to see??
CIMG2306Medium.jpg

CIMG2317Medium.jpg

CIMG2321Medium.jpg

CIMG2334Medium.jpg

Nice catches there you 2 although Im betting what you caught on the way home would taste better!

Oh man Stinkie Frank. I thought for sure you were going to be in trouble with Rita. You went out and caught the Stripper! Then I saw the pictures and realizwd it was "Stripers" you caught!

Just so you know Rita and I are still alive and well, Rita has a camp on a lake here in Maine and we spend all available time fishing, I did buy this laptop so I can check the weather reports here, we don't rough it too bad as I have put A/C and electric heat in the camp and we have a phone to hook dial-up to, but we are out in the "woods" enough that cell phones don't work here.
We still make wine and beer, have two wine primary's always going along with 4 beer primary's.

Wow Frank, glad to hear from you again. Good to hear that you and the Lovely rita are still one. Do you still have that awesome beer cooler?

Wade said:
Wow Frank, glad to hear from you again. Good to hear that you and the Lovely rita are still one. Do you still have that awesome beer cooler?

Yes we still have the kegerator, 3 beers on tap and 2 red wines for the lovely Rita, last night Rita said one of her wines were empty and I went to get a new keg out of the wine cellar and they were all empty!! I need to get caught up, there is plenty in the carboys....

I normally fill the kegs with Spagnol's Grand Cru International kits, they have dried grape skins and run around $80 here, Rita likes them and says for the extra few dollars they are very good. But her favorite is Spagnol's Super Tuscan, that runs $120 and I bottle that.
Today is pretty much the last day of fishing here as tomorrow heavy rain is called for, I spooled up two poles with lead core line (my first try at this) and will try to catch some salmon today, I just finished sewing some smelts.

You are supposed to eat smelts not sew with them! hehehe. Never heard of that my friend.

Well, I ain't been around here for a while!! was busy this year selling my house out in the woods, moved into Rita's house in the city, 6.5 acres, this is going to be rough, but it is nice to be close to town, and HIGH SPEED INTERNET!! Don't have the wine making operation set up yet, but did order 4 Super Tuscan kits to get me going. Been busy this month trying to get a deer, today is the last chance, so I better get off of here and go HUNT!! I'll be back.....
smiley20.gif

No Deer, glad that's over!!
7 tap kegerator is in the basement, not hooked up yet, think I'm going to put a 4 tap tower on the kitchen counter and plumb the hoses up to it from the basement. I need to build a wine area in the basement first and it's not on the top of my list...They got this wine at Walmart for 2.77 a bottle and it ain't bad....in an emergency.....

Latest posts

Back