Frank & Rita

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be fall is approaching. You two are getting more serious now with winemaking like the rest of us. You are getting a good supply of beer up for the winter. You should keep yourself a couple ounces of your hops. If you sell it all, then you will need to buy some more to do the next 27 cases of beer!

Been wondering what you two had been up to.....

Looks like your having fun and making lots of good brews aand wines to get you through winter....

Thanks for the photos....

Mr. and Mrs. Maine Lobster.

You guys are livin the life up there!!! I was wondering......can you get tired of lobster??

Ramona

Wade, the Mini Brew is a conical fermentor, I'm rigging up a canning jar for the bottom so I can keep the valve open all the time, it supposed to let the yeast settle out so you don't need to go to a carboy, the only problem I see would be using oak chips or other floaty stuff like whats in reds, I am going to test it on a white wine, after I stablize and fine it I have a CO2 system set up to blanket the wine from oxygen, then I think I'll just make beer in it.

All the beer kits I make come with the hops, but I'm going to make an IPA with my hops from scratch soon.
Ramona, so far we have proven you don't get sick of Lobster, I was on vacation a week ago and we had lobsters or steamers 4 nights out of 10...lol

That is pretty cool F&R. Sounds like you have been living like a King and Queen or is that slaves since that is what slaves used to eat(lobsters), can you imagine that. I have a C02 tank, is that what you mean by system or do you have a set up to distribute it into a the fermenter? If so Id be interested in seeing this.

HEYYYYYYYYY STINKIEEEEEEEEEEE!!! BETTER DUCK PODNER !!

Hurricane watch for Maine as Kyle heads north

storm.jpg

Waldo, The huricane was a nightmare!! The ground was wet from the rain, leave fell off the trees, well maybe it wasn't all that bad, the lovely Rita pick-up 4 one pound lobsters on the way home the night of the storm, it wasn't anything here, but we were afraid it would disrupt our supply of seafood!! We were right the clam flats are shut down for a week.
I had to go to New Jersey to see my dying Dad Monday, 530 miles to his house, came back Tuesday and stopped in New Hampshire at Sanders Lobster Pound, right down on the docks in old Portsmouth, good thing I had a good map!! bought the $106 12 pound lobster for two...lol (my sweety loves lobsters!!)

20081001_171509_october_2008_01.JPG

Frank, Sorry to hear about your dad...but I kind of know that history
a little.
You guys......are just living large among all of the buckets and contraptions you all have.....and the "giant" at the center of it all.

If I could I would do a Pop-in and see it all for myself....

You guys are the best......and I wish you much happiness!!!!

Happiness to you in Lobster and each other!!!!!!

Ramona

My dads had a good life, hes 86, has alztimers, which might be good, when his wife died 6 months ago he didn't understand. He kept asking me if I was happy, I said real happy, he said good, thats the most important thing, out of the mouths of babes.

After 21, 12 hour shifts I finally had a few days off, Rita and I started 2 batches of Chocolate Stout, and yesterday we juiced 4 bushels of apples to start 8 gallons of apple wine. (I had apple slop flying everywhere!!)

20081101_041401_apple.JPG
Edited by: Frank&Rita

Did you run 8 gallons through that little juicer???
That's a lot of work, tho am sure you enjoy being in the kitchen together.....
smiley31.gif

We made 6 gallons of juice then 2 gallons of sugar water with 15 pounds of sugar to get to 8 gallons at 1.106SG

I had 2 days off!!!!!!!
Took my sweetypie to Ba Haba (Bar Harbor) Maine for an overnight.
Had dinner at Geddy's (geddys.com)

20081113_135441_CIMG1851_Medium.JPG

Latest posts

Back