Frank & Rita

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northern Winos said:
Thanks everyone for the information and links....

I am a recurring Cancer patient who's husband needs it to transfer wine...would that work???
smiley4.gif

I did empty my Inbox now....
smiley4.gif

Well, if it's to help Jim.... hmmm... have him call Mr. Pelican. I think we have some spare bits of something along those lines sitting around. Maybe the boys can come up with a trade, maybe make a trade for a minibike or something??
smiley2.gif

Well, I'm trying to get caught up befroe tomorrow morning!!! I did two batches of wine last night, a Spagnols Super Tuscan and a Spagnols Rosso Grande Eccellente (something like that) they are both grape skin kits, my wife likes BIG REDS and Super tuscan is her favorite!! She said the Eccellente was weak kinda like her house wine Red Zinfandel that is a Vino-del-Vita kit that sells for 60 bucks as compared to the grape skin kits that are around 150. Anyways I kegged the wines and will either bottle them later right out of the kegs (5 gallon corny's, I set up a nitrogen system to be able to put the Red Zinfandel on tap) I had six bottles of wine from each kit to bottle, I picked out the bottles ZORKS would work on and used them, much easier than bringing out the corker. Tonight I'm thinking I will keg the two Red Zinfandel kits that are ready, then I'll be pretty much caught up. I'm not lifting, I called my neighbor to come lift the carboys to the top shelf last night, and I have a small cart to move the kegs with. Surgery tomorrow morning.

Frank,

Wishing you a quick recovery. Isn't that an outpatient procedure? Glad you got caught up with your wines. Will you be out of work for a couple of days or is that where you are going to rest and recover in the Fishbowl!!!!!
smiley2.gif

Take care, I'll be thinking about you..............Ramona

Hoping you have a speedy rcovery stinkie. I know you will be pampered for a few days. Relax and enjoy it

Good luck Frank, it isn't bad. For me it was being able to get up after the surgery to leave. They couldn't get my blood pressure high enough for me to get right back up so I had to stay for a few hours. I was back at my desk the next day- just no heavy lifting for a few days.

Hope you feel better soon Frank, take a look at those aspirator pumps, they work well. Im very surprised about the Rosso Grande Eccellente as mine is pretty strong, just a tad weaker then the Super Tuscan but not much.

I dont think its the wine or beer that has hurt your back though, I think its all those huge Lobsters!

Lobsters
are long-lived and can be huge. The record-holder, caught off New
England in 1934, was a 44.4-pound (20.14-kilogram) beast thought to be
at least 100 years old.

Wish you the best of luck Frank. The best advise for a quick recovery I can offer is to not over do it for a month or so............

You have a wonderful wife now who I'm sure will take excellent care of you...... and I agree with Wade about the lobster............ Next time you get the urge to get lobster you just stop for a minute.......... think of my address and ship them to me........... Hate to do it, but I don't want to see such a nice guy like you suffer like this..........

Frank doesn't know how to do anything in a small way!!!

Hope that isn't true for the hernia!!!

Rita......you will have a hard time keeping him down, no heavy lobster lifting, no........maple buckets.....don't even think about that......if the sap is running you might have to lock him in the chicken coop.

I'll be checking on you....

Ramona

I had my surgery at 8am today and was sent home at 11:30, I have no pain and am just fine, just have to sit here and be spoiled by my sweetheart, Rita, She it trying out Red Zinfandel on tap tonight for the first time, I'll post pictures tomorrow, her tap handle is a big red lobster claw....WHAT ELSE???

Yeah, it's not fair is it Frank. Used to be you had a big scar to show for the operation. Now, you get sent home as quick as they can wake you up and all you have is 3 little band-aids and maybe a couple stitches
smiley36.gif
It doesn't have the same sympathy factor- but at least it doesn't hurt so much!

Don't be surprised if a thing or two turn black and blue. When the doc warned me about that I thought he was nuts, turned out he was right and I was the one with black and blue nuts
smiley36.gif

Glad everything went well Frank.

My neighbor had a serious tear a few weeks ago, around the first of January and he is just now getting around............. He's a big baby and doesn't drink enough wine though.........

Glad it went ok stinkie..behave yourself now and let Rita do her thing and pamper you. Dont want any setbacks on this one buddy

appleman said:
Yeah, it's not fair is it Frank. Used to be you had a big scar to show for the operation. Now, you get sent home as quick as they can wake you up and all you have is 3 little band-aids and maybe a couple stitches
smiley36.gif
It doesn't have the same sympathy factor- but at least it doesn't hurt so much!

Don't be surprised if a thing or two turn black and blue. When the doc warned me about that I thought he was nuts, turned out he was right and I was the one with black and blue nuts
smiley36.gif

I'm glad you told me this or I would have been calling the doc Friday night!!!!
.......AAAHHHHHHHH........

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Hard to imagine that would happen, but I guess it is common.

I just hope you don't have the continuing pain in them for several months like I did. It was worse than the hernia. They say it is a slight risk but they can nick the nerve going to them. Well guess what? They nicked mine but good! The pain was constant. I waited two weeks or so until the follow up check and told the doc about it. He said, well I can give you a shot for it. He stuck the needle in my abdomen slowly and threaded it into the nerve/blood vessel bundle and slowly injected the stuff. That hurt like HECK and he said, now don't move. Seemed like 10 minutes. If the pain persists, come back and I will give you another shot!! Guess what- the pain persisted, but I stuck it out for about 3 or 4 months until the pain went away on it's own. No way was I going to go back for another one of them shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley5.gif
smiley35.gif

Stay well and stay warm and dry Frank. Hope you didn't get all that snow Bilbo got there in Maine. Wouldn't want you out shoveling yet!

We got ALL the snow here!! The Lovely Rita has been shoveling all day.

I haven't had any pain from this Hernia ever, some discomfort after the operation when getting up and down but I never took any of the pain pills, it makes it hard to sit here and not do anything!!

(I haven't been able to post pictures here for 2 days now?)

I don't remember Frank. Do you have dial-up internet access or cable/DSL? I just uploaded a picture to your post and then deleted it. It was very slow but did upload.

Back