Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tatters,Bacon,Celery,Carrots,Onions,STRIPER, cover with foil and bake till veggies are cooked through. That will warm your innards.
Splash of white wine would not hurt either. Season to taste.
Old North Carolina Stewed fish recipe.

Snuck a few in last night. Caught 4 but 2 of them were shorts. Another month a 1/2 and the pics should have much larger fish!!!!

20130310_202545.jpg

20130310_203134.jpg

Fishin time is sneakin up on us here too. Watiin for the weather to straighten out a bit more. Good luck with your trip tonite. Arne.

Got another 2 tonight but nothing special, it would look almost exactly like the last 2. 1 more month here and it will be red hot!

About 5" here in Blo-No and you are correct, at least the NCAA is worth watching!

Joe

seeing the pictures gets me excited for spring

looking forward for spring to get here in Michigan. my last fishing trip was bad. thought me and a friend would get in one last trip on the ice about three weeks ago. bought a new clam shell shanty in the afternoon, then headed out. caught a few good fish dark came and the not so fun, fun started. walking off the ice at 9:15 pm i stepped in a fish hole and wile getting my boot out the ice collapsed around me in 15 foot of water. my buddy got me out on the third attempt. minus
my latern with frost bite fingers and sick a week later. but saved shanty and my butt. looking forward to boat fishing in afew weeks. glad i can laugh about it now but was a little to clos for comfort.

Went fishing with with a buddy, not looking forward to cleaning these......

RR

grunts.jpg

White Perch? Nice load there! I have been getting skunked something serious on Stripers lately! Me thinks the fishies are on strike!

Where did you catch them ? And what were you using ??
Hopefully it will start warming up here soon !

Those are mostly Grey Snapper ( grunts) and Porgies. They are a blast to catch and just as good to eat. They were caught in the Gulf of Mexico in 60' of water using squid and live shrimp for bait out of John's Pass. John's Pass is located between Madeira Beach and Treasure Island, Florida.

RR

Today the fish commision stocked Steelhead in the waterfall next to the winery. The water looks black, but it is actually 1000's of steelhead about 6" long. It'll be about a week before they all swim down stream toward the lake. Look closely and you'll see them jumping out of the water. Sorry about the sideways picture. Click on the picture.

Bluegill fished Friday and picked up 47 beauties. Saturday trolled on Lake Michigan. Caught a 15 pound brown trout and a small coho salmon. Nice days to be out.

REDBOATNY said:
Since I started making wine, I haven't used my boat much.

Nice one !!

Remember;
Make wine
Fishing
Drink wine

Do not screw up the order - otherwise you may end up in trees !! (LOL)

I love it. I think you should start a new thread with this picture. It would kake a great wine label and ask for either captions or wine names. "shipwreck" is too easy so that one is ruled out.

Back