Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, pretty cold, I was getting ice up on my rod tips. Dan first I crush and destem it by shoving it up your...........!!! LOL

I don't fish but think I would really enjoy it. When it get's that cold though I think thats where the fun ends unless if you're moving around and catching a bunch.

LOL, Thats exactly what I was thinking Rich!!!! Dan, put it this way. Thursday night was the only night I counted and in just a little over 2 hours I literally caught 57 stripers so you are moving around a lot! Is it like this all the time??? No freakin way but its been on like this for about 2 weeks now and is just insane! Heres the biggest of tonight which is just a little bigger then last nights I think, I thought he had his tape measure and he thought I did so we didnt have anything between us 2 idiots! LOL
20121201_222148.jpg

Wade you spend a lot of money on and nights with stripers where a lot of other guys spend a lot of money on and nights with strippers.
You must be getting old man!

LOL, another nice catch there buddy.

I catch and release 99.9% of these. I really don't eat fish with the exception of a few trout, cajun catfish, and monk fish! I wish I liked fish more and the rest of my family is the same way unfortunately.

Thanks Dan, now that I had my lap top rotated 90 degrees to see Wade's pics, you're pictures you tried to fix for Wade make it look like he's lying on his side with the fish.

We were supposed to get about 12" but thank God it fizzled out and we only got like 3" and its pretty much gone already. Here is what I scored between 1 and 6 am this morning before going in for a half day of OT.

20130309_020403.jpg

20130309_023106.jpg

20130309_025607.jpg

20130309_045605.jpg

20130309_053955.jpg

20130309_054024.jpg

River, these are hold overs from last year. For the most part most striped bass go south to like Virginia anf the Carolinas but some are lazy and winter in the rivers. It can be difficult to locate them and even harder to get them to bite due to the cold but late nigyts and perservarence can reward you. When the air temp goes below 32* its even harder to get them to bite like last night when I got skunked as it was supposed to he 34* but dtopped fown to 28* and the cove where I fish ended up with dkim ice which will cut your line not to mention frozen eye tips on your pole. Im going back for a redo later tonight as it should be much warmer!

Great catch Wade !!

Hopefully I will be able to get out latter on this week when it is planning on warming up soon

That first 1 is about 33" give or take. Its hard to get a good pic by my self.

Latest posts

Back