Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grunts are easy to clean when cold.
fillet off one side down to tail (leave att.)
turn, fillet off skin, freeing meat
cut ribs out
Done
3 swipes on each side
one minute each fish, tops
Looks like a good fish fry there!

Grunts are easy to clean when cold.
fillet off one side down to tail (leave att.)
turn, fillet off skin, freeing meat
cut ribs out
Done
3 swipes on each side
one minute each fish, tops
Looks like a good fish fry there!

Not to mention "Grits and Grunts" is one of the best ever breakfasts!!!!!!

Just say'n...

RR

Just starting to hit some better size fish now. Got a 36"er Friday night but I was wading and it was crowded so no pics this time.

Took my son and some of his friends and went on a Bass pre tournament - best the water to death / not 1 Bass. A large cold front moved in the night before. We did catch a 12 pound catfish !!!

The fishing Gods hooked me up on my birthday! Got a 38" tonight but it was the only 1. Ive been getting about 7 a night but typically all small with the occasional barely keeper being 28". Went to a different spot tonight despite doing ok in my other spot. This spot has a ripping current and fighting that 38" in there was a blast and almost had to go down stream after it to chase it down. Also, for the first time the company I work for actually gave me cash in stead of just a bunch of cupcakes for everyone like they have been doing for years. Taking my son Trout fishing tomorrow, he hasnt gone fishing with me in 2 years despite catching some decent fish last timr he went with me so hopefully he likes it and keeps going with me instead of sitting in front of that stupid screen playing XBox or WII or whatever game takes all his time now!

My son is fishing in the IHSA today - so hopefully they will catch some bass and move forward in the tournament.

vacuumpumpman said:
My son is fishing in the IHSA today - so hopefully they will catch some bass and move forward in the tournament.

Our school got shut out in Sectionals 2 days ago. Horrible day for fishing and a few others also got shut out.

The IHSA tournament was started by a local person who I have known and worked with for years that is truly dedicated to the sport of fishing.

Good luck to your son/school!!!!

Joe

The fishing Gods hooked me up on my birthday! Got a 38" tonight but it was the only 1. Ive been getting about 7 a night but typically all small with the occasional barely keeper being 28". Went to a different spot tonight despite doing ok in my other spot. This spot has a ripping current and fighting that 38" in there was a blast and almost had to go down stream after it to chase it down. Also, for the first time the company I work for actually gave me cash in stead of just a bunch of cupcakes for everyone like they have been doing for years. Taking my son Trout fishing tomorrow, he hasnt gone fishing with me in 2 years despite catching some decent fish last timr he went with me so hopefully he likes it and keeps going with me instead of sitting in front of that stupid screen playing XBox or WII or whatever game takes all his time now!
Nice job and Happy Birthday!!

Got into the white bass coming out of the lake and going up river. Caught 15 in an hour, probably one about every 5 casts or so. Most were probably between 1 1/2 and 2 lbs. Nice to have spring showing up and the fish biting. Hard to tell spring is trying to get here, though. Snow on the ground yesterday, melted off and sunshine today. Maybe get some warm weather now. Arne.

Very nice. Fishing has kind of slowed down here due to the fact we need some rain badly. Without the rivers running good and the Dams flowing it kind of kills the bite. Ive hit some decent fish lately but it was like pulling teeth and by spending some serious time in the water. Tide should be right in the next few days at some of thne best places around me so hopefully I can produce something pic worthy again.

Tonights catch and release. 40" and about 23 lbs, didnt have my scale with me so its approx.

40.jpg

Latest posts

Back