Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shark! The top one looks like a moonfish. We caught one down here in Redfish bay last spring. Boy are they ugly!

Not sure what kind of shark that is, but its definitely a shark!

I just heard today that in my "backyard" - the Potomac River - a Bull Shark was just caught. Scary.

I heard there are now a few in Lake Pontchartrain in New Orleans too. I guess they are ok with brackish water now.
I have been afraid to wade fish down here in the bays because they are so rampant.
Now I know why they sell baseball bats in the wade fishing section at the sports store. :))

looks like some pretty good flats fishing from what i see.
do guys catch speckled trout, are redfish.

jamesngalveston said:
looks like some pretty good flats fishing from what i see.
do guys catch speckled trout, are redfish.

We just got serious about fishing the ICW. Still learning the ropes about speckled trout and redfish fishing. Apparently there are many expert fishing people among our friends but none really can tell us what we actually need lure wise or bait wise, but they can all tell us what not to do. I think they are more a fall thing here so will be trying more when Roy gets back in October. In between him going deer hunting of course.

looks like a dogfish to me, a type of small shark we run into all the time in the pacific northwest.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&...fKXIx8#facrc=0;dogfish shark&imgdii=_&imgrc=_

I thought this was a dogfish: :)

dogfish11.jpg

Caught this 27" catfish and 19 3/4" bass on 8lb test and hook worm and bobber fishing for bluegills

ForumRunner_20130822_084948.png

3274mike said:
Caught this 27" catfish and 19 3/4" bass on 8lb test and hook worm and bobber fishing for bluegills

That is some nice looking fish.

What for dinner? Baja style Fish Tacos.
21" Speckled Trout caught off the jetties near Port Aransas today.

trout10513.jpg

nice trout lori...caught 2 big flounder this am 1 slot red, and one small trout.
hopefully this front will bring in the bigger flounder.
Winter red fishing should start also...I love to catch the big bull reds.
at least 20 lbs are larger.

nice trout lori...caught 2 big flounder this am 1 slot red, and one small trout.
hopefully this front will bring in the bigger flounder.
Winter red fishing should start also...I love to catch the big bull reds.
at least 20 lbs are larger.

Thanks James. I haven't managed to get a slot Red yet. Or a flounder. :(
You'll have to give me some tips on them. I know I had some Flounder hits on Friday while wading, but I just couldn't get them in the boat. I was using live shrimp and a popping cork. Probably should have been free lining.

My officemate and I did some canoe fishing today. He caught this 40+" musky. It was ridiculous trying to net this beast. Eventually we got it into the canoe and headed to shore for some quick pics. We were using medium action spinning rods, small crank baits, and no leaders.

ForumRunner_20131014_203906.jpg

ForumRunner_20131014_203926.jpg

Last edited:
Can't believe you got it with med spinning rod. That must have been fun!

Lori, I use 4inch gulp live shrimp and no popper for flounder.
When I feel a flounder bite, i lower my rod tip, count to 10, reel down the slack, and set the hook.

Lori, I use 4inch gulp live shrimp and no popper for flounder.
When I feel a flounder bite, i lower my rod tip, count to 10, reel down the slack, and set the hook.

Well I tried to get some Flounder today using Gulps, and live shrimp. Nada. I'm pretty sure I need a new Captain. lol

Although we came home with empty ice chests, it was a beautiful day to be on the water. Can't complain.

got back late last night..
fished thursday evening, friday morning, friday evening, and sat morning.
caught some peacock bass in the 12 lb range, and about 1000 black bass in about the 3 lb range...
peacock bass are slower to come back from over fishing.
the black bass are coming back strong..
nice 3 day trip.
in january im going to florida for the 400 lb groupers.

Back