Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great fishing Wade !!
I hope to get out soon to Lake Michigan to get the salmon run !!

Steve , you fish.
Damn....Your so close to Lake Michigan...
When is the salmon run there.
I have fished in 20 countries and just about every state.
My favorite is peacock bass, in Honduras.
But I like to eat crappie from freshwater lakes.
I fish weekly here on the island, for flounder, specs, red fish.
I have never caught a salmon....
If you may be willing to take some one along, Ill fly up....get a hotel, rent a car and bring my own gear.

Not as big as Wade's but it was my first keeper striper ever...and a pic of all the bluefish we caught too.
img5820cropped.jpg

img2461ez.jpg

Nice fish Derek. I'd like to get back out to Rhode Island on a private charter again!

Here is our catch this week. We are working on Queen Charlotte Islands (Haida Gwaii) and managed to get out for a 6hr trip.
3 chinook salmon, 2 coho salmon and 2 Halibut. We caught more but either lost them or let them go.
This is not even prime season up here yet:slp

image.jpeg

Totally not the same fish. They can and do get into the hundreds of pounds. Nicely done Aaron!

Thanks!

We caught a 67" one as well which is approximately 150 lb!
But this year the rule is everything over about 60 lb must be thrown back :slp

Sooooooo much better than a flounder! My favorite fish these days pretty much. Hard to get it fresh for me, every once in a while Costco will have it fresh down in ABQ and I will snag a few pounds for the grill.

Sooooooo much better than a flounder! My favorite fish these days pretty much. Hard to get it fresh for me, every once in a while Costco will have it fresh down in ABQ and I will snag a few pounds for the grill.

Won't tell you how much I have in the freezer then...
You may get a little mad at me:po

ibglowin said:
Are you fishing in the cooling tower ponds of a nuclear power plant by chance!

That would explain it but no. We were on the ICW.

Latest posts

Back