Female vs Male Wine Makers Poll

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Men versus Women winemakers - let us know how many of each.

• Male

Votes: 169 82.4%
  • Female

Votes: 36 17.6%

• Total voters
male female poll

Hello my name is Pat I'm from Montreal Quebec, Canada. I make wine with my brother in law, his wife (my sister) helps occasionally, my wife doesn't.
My mother makes wine now that my father is no longer there. She also helped occasionally when my dad was there. I don't know how this will affect the poll, but this is the situation in my family.

Male

Another male winemaker. Statistics show that women buy more wine (at least in the US). It's almost three to one. It appears from our poll that men would rather make wine than buy it...

...or that men goof around on the internet, voting in polls, more than the women.

:f

Another MALE here. But my wife loves to clean bottles & carboys. Even likes to help at bottling time. How GOOD is that! She also likes my blending "experiments" & of course DRINKING it. Roy FightingTown Creek Wines

Another MALE here. But my wife loves to clean bottles & carboys. Even likes to help at bottling time. How GOOD is that! She also likes my blending "experiments" & of course DRINKING it. Roy FightingTown Creek Wines

Is she for rent?

It's not that women can't make wine. They are just smart enough to know that the guys will make it so the ladies drink it and the men can get what they want from the women. But the girls get their wine and a good time too. So maybe we need a new poll. Who is smarter, men or women winemakers?:i:i:)On second thought..... that might not be such a good idea.

My vote if for males. They are good wine makes and have know some of my friends doing so.

I am a new member here and a female. Winemaking has been on my bucket list for several years, just now getting around to it since my husband started brewing beer first (we get a little competitive I suppose). I am the winemaker, my husband is the peanut gallery / toady (as Julie pointed out in another post)! He sits there and watches what I do and makes his comments at each stage in the game. And when he is brewing beer it's the reverse!
Carolyn

A friend of mine and I have been doing the wine making together since the beginning. She makes sure she's around when we have to do something, and we've been dividing the financial responsibility fairly...I might buy the ingredients/kit, and she'll take care of the bottles and everything else or vice versa. It's worked out pretty well for us so far.

I am a new member here and a female. Winemaking has been on my bucket list for several years, just now getting around to it since my husband started brewing beer first (we get a little competitive I suppose). I am the winemaker, my husband is the peanut gallery / toady (as Julie pointed out in another post)! He sits there and watches what I do and makes his comments at each stage in the game. And when he is brewing beer it's the reverse!
Carolyn

Pun intended???? LOL

Hello my name is Pat I'm from Montreal Quebec, Canada. I make wine with my brother in law, his wife (my sister) helps occasionally, my wife doesn't.
My mother makes wine now that my father is no longer there. She also helped occasionally when my dad was there. I don't know how this will affect the poll, but this is the situation in my family.
Hi Pat! Good to see a Montrealer on the board!

The wife and I met in Montreal! Although we live in the Ottawa region, our old hometown (Point st. Charles) is very dear to us!

my wife does as much as I do. It is one of the reasons we think it is a great hobby. We both enjoy it. We also have got two other couples started making wine.

i make the wine at our house.i never was much of a wine drinker but now i enjoy it which is just as well as the addiction to make it seems to get worse once you start!! hehe.my husband doesnt drink nor does he help except to lift the carboys occasionly.i plan to buy a wine pump soon.our backs are not getting any younger!!

Hi Pat! Good to see a Montrealer on the board!

The wife and I met in Montreal! Although we live in the Ottawa region, our old hometown (Point st. Charles) is very dear to us!
Same here, I am happy to know that there are some Montrealers or ex-Montrealers on this forum.

My husband and I make wine together, we set up a cellar, 25 carboys and counting. When we have company over we go to the cellar and sample, I had not thought of mixing but I really like that idea, who knows what you will come up with.

Hi Marly,

we bought a bus cart, it is the same height as our sinks and the same height as our shelves where our carboys are storred during fermentation and aging. It has been a total back saver, we just slide it from one serface to another, it is way less lifting.

bus cart sounds like a good idea .id like to win the vaccum transfer wine pump contest.I am going to find out the duty,taxes etc , to order one in from usa to pei, canada.every one seems to think it's great.

Back