Female vs Male Wine Makers Poll

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Men versus Women winemakers - let us know how many of each.

• Male

Votes: 169 82.4%
  • Female

Votes: 36 17.6%

• Total voters
I'm in SoCal and am a member of a group of winemakers here. I'd have to say I am absolutely a minority as a female (in this area, anyway). I believe I have met 2 other female winemakers and all the rest have been men.

I just discovered this today. I national wine club for women. They have chapters all over including Pittsburgh. http://www.womenforwinesense.org/

They have a competition but apparently everything has to be identified as a varietal, and there is no "table wine." Leave it to the French... I suspect they would not care for wine from welch's or dandelions. :)

A lil Wine to go with all that cheese

My wife and I are both involved. She "tastes" the wine and tells me if I'm on the right track. Like Mae West said: "I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.". But, it doesn't stop at 3.
Being from Wisconsin..making wine pairs well with all that great cheese we produce...but that could also be said for all of the Breweries..(some excellent Micro's) to go with all those great brats we consume while watching those Packers games.
Ok..were have it pretty damn good here in Wisconsin.. :)

Latest posts

Back