chat room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should probably invest in a lock for the closet... to avoid these problems. I was going to drop off some pumpkins that I got on my way to work, but then I realized it would be just like candy for that little bugger and we would not get to carve them. Plastic pumpkins might be better here!

Debbie

Stopped by last nite. Think maybe Julie has been there lately. Buford had his head in the corner, had to coax him out with a half loaf of bread and a jug of skeeter pee. Cleaned up the garden and left him with a handfull of cucumbers, aka goat candy. He was munchin away when I left. We gonna have to start gettin together now the weather is coolin off. Will be gettin cold here in another month or so and maybe will have more time in the evenings for the computer. Arne.

Yes Arne many have been busy lately. I've been traveling meeting some wonderful folks on here and fermenting juice. Buford has been helping stir my musts because he likes to lick the spoon.

He wasn't in trouble when you saw him in the corner. It's just that with the musts getting close to being finished the higher alcohol is taking it's toll on him.

I actually think he's waiting for the elevator. Haven't had the heart to tell him that's the dish washer and it's the timer counting down.

Last edited:
Ok everyone I just stopped by the club house and found Buford in the corner crying when I finally got him out of the corner he said he could not find his girl friend has anyone seen her

Ok everyone I just stopped by the club house and found Buford in the corner crying when I finally got him out of the corner he said he could not find his girl friend has anyone seen her

bellyfull2copy.jpg

Hey last night in the chatroom rob was bullying Mik into tasting sorbate. Sarah egged him on. Sirs was taking pictures and I was "Mik don't do it". Actually I double dog dared him but then I said don't do it.

I said that too much sorbate can make your wine taste like geraniums. Rob asked what did geraniums taste like. Well, DUH! Too much sorbate.

Survey says sorbate alone tastes like YUK!. Not long after Mik disappeared and I think it gave him the runs. Any way rob has to write on the chalk board 100 times;

I will not make Mik eat sorbate. Problem is we ain't got a chalk board so for now he's in the corner.

well Sarah started it, she was going to pay me to try it and then mik stepped in and said he would do it. I hope mik is alright.

that stuff had one hell of a nasty aftertaste, nah, no runs, no toilet dilemmas, i however...DO NOT reccommend trying it, lol

yet we keep insisting on putting stuff like this in the wine

and speaking of that, this morning when I stopped in to drop off some straw for Buford I caught him about to use a bottle of pectic enzyme as eye drops. Caught him just in time too. Poor fella had such red eyes I guess they were burning and he didn't look close enough.

I guessing it was Doug who left the enzyme out from his muscadines. Maybe Mik could try this sometime....AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW. Bet it burns.

Which still leaves us with another thought, Who was Buford partying with till the weee hours of the morning?

I stopped by the club house on the way home tonight and it was a total mess Buford was laying in the corner with a party hat on and an open bottle of wine Tom did you leave the frig. open again

I stopped by the club house on the way home tonight and it was a total mess Buford was laying in the corner with a party hat on and an open bottle of wine Tom did you leave the frig. open again

Yea it was 70's rock night for Buford. He had my iPod and was jammin all through the evening......and drinking. Actually it's not as bad as it seems. I taped a box of Swiffer Sheets and a few Bounty Dryer Sheets to him so as the evening went on he dusted the entire place and got rid of all the static from this dryer weather. Pretty smart huh?

Only down fall is now he smells like a 2 bit wh*re. He may need a bath but who likes to bath a goat, not to mention he uses way too much bubble bath. He's just a kid at heart.

I stopped in after we got home and found the place pretty clean and empty. I do appreciate everyone pitching in and helping to keep the place organized. Hopefully soon we can start getting more folks in there as this cooler weather approaches.

I noticed the place was clean when I stopped by after church. I'm looking forward to our gatherings again. Maybe we could start "theme" nights. Thursday is ladies night, of course... come dress as your favorite female star! Help me think of some other themes for other night's of the week.

Debbie

Back