Big and Bold Competition (unofficial)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I over-thinking again, John? Do I only need to send wine to you, or to you and Joe both? I might have missed specific instructions somewhere along the line...:D

DD,

Originally, we (Joe and I) were going to judge this in separate locations, so we needed two bottles per entry.

This plan now is that Joe, I, and the other judges will all gather together for the judging at one single location.

This being the case, we now only need 1 bottle per entry (750ml).

If you have only 375ml bottles, I would prefer that you send me two of those. We have 6 judges and a single 375ml may not be enough.

You can send your entries to me. This should be the address that I sent you in a PM.

Am I over-thinking again, John? Do I only need to send wine to you, or to you and Joe both? I might have missed specific instructions somewhere along the line...:D

Dave, it is my understanding that Joe will now be traveling to Johns and they will judge all of them at the same time/place. So you can probably just send one 750ml to John instead of 2- 375 splits. John can clarify this though.

Last edited:
Entrées from tom

CABERNET 2013,SHARAZ 2013 AND AMARONE 2009 I WILL BE BRING THESE WITH ME.:HB

KATE'S TO FOLLOW..............:try

Red and bold

SORRY ABOUT THAT ,THE 3 ENTREES ARE FROM TOM,.KATES I STILL HAVEN'T RECIEVED YET BUT THEY WILL BE HERE YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT.:u

Folks,

Here is the latest update.
We now have 19 members as part of this competition!..

PJD
DangerDave
Boatboy
Elmer
RotGut76
ibglowin
FOG
HEATHERD
VacuumPumpMan
Wine-o
Neviawen -

Tom - Entries Received
Rocky - Entries Received

Tucson - Entries Recieved
Geek - Entries Received
LonestarLori - Entries Received
rendezvous - Entry Received
Berrycrush - Entry Received
TonyT - Entries Received

Entries (of a 750ml bottle or two 375ml bottles) need to be received by 10/10/2014.

Judging will be held on 10/11/2014.

Folks,

We have 19 members as part of this competition and have received entries from 9 members! With over 4 week to go, there is plenty of time for those that want to enter.

PJD
DangerDave
Boatboy
Elmer
RotGut76
ibglowin
FOG
HEATHERD

Wine-o
Neviawen -

VacuumPumpMan - Entries Received
Tom - Entries Received
Rocky - Entries Received

Tucson - Entries Recieved
Geek - Entries Received
LonestarLori - Entries Received
rendezvous - Entry Received
Berrycrush - Entry Received
TonyT - Entries Received

Entries (of a 750ml bottle or two 375ml bottles) need to be received by 10/10/2014.

Judging will be held on 10/11/2014.

On The Fence

Okay I've been following this for awhile and not sure if I should try to run with the Big Dogs or keep my puppy a$$ on the porch. I don't have anything note worthy to submit that could vie with an aged Amarone or the like or even anything with the proper age on it. I do have a Cab and a Shiraz from 10 Liter kits I made last year and the Pinot Noir I made for my sons wedding also from a 10L kit but tweaked ala Joswine that was pretty well recieved. Also since I'm in Staten Island I could probably avoid the shipping if I could drop off the entry in person which would also give me a chance to meet you guys in person. Hmmm what to do??? :?

Okay I've been following this for awhile and not sure if I should try to run with the Big Dogs or keep my puppy a$$ on the porch. I don't have anything note worthy to submit that could vie with an aged Amarone or the like or even anything with the proper age on it. I do have a Cab and a Shiraz from 10 Liter kits I made last year and the Pinot Noir I made for my sons wedding also from a 10L kit but tweaked ala Joswine that was pretty well recieved. Also since I'm in Staten Island I could probably avoid the shipping if I could drop off the entry in person which would also give me a chance to meet you guys in person. Hmmm what to do??? :?

Welcome aboard as our 20th participant!

As long as we know that the wine is young, we will judge it as a young wine.

I live in Chester, NJ, but I think that you would be much closer to Joe. He is planning on bringing a bunch of entries on the day of the judging.

Judging moved to 10/18

Due to personal reasons, I need to move the judging from 10/11/2014 to 10/18/2014.

Thank you for your patience!

johnT.

Ah! The wine will get to age another week.:p Are their any specific labeling requirements??
Duh! Sorry found it.:slp

Last edited:
Folks,

We now have 20 members participating and have received entries from 10!

There is plenty of time for those that want to enter.

Judging will now take place on 10/18/2014.

Entries (of a 750ml bottle or two 375ml bottles) need to be received by 10/17/2014.

PJD
DangerDave
Boatboy
Elmer
RotGut76
ibglowin
FOG
HEATHERD

Wine-o
Enologo

Neviawen - Entries Received (by Joe)
VacuumPumpMan - Entries Received