Big and Bold Competition (unofficial)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first of all let me say thanks to all of you for saying you would be there and then showing up.(no crickets ):i,then let me add that the quality of the wine on this forum can compete with and forum out there on a even playing field, that's a fact. :rForm the top to the bottom there wasn't that great a distance so for the ones on top watch out some good wine makers are directly behind you ,keep up the excellent standards that your wines have shown. until the next time. Nice show guys and gals, nice show:wy

Just to expand on what Joe has said above...

Out of the silver medals awarded, the gold medal mark was missed by less than 1/2 of a point. One of those entries missed the gold medal mark by only .04 points! I will not say who, but the silver medal level had real some high quality wines!

Ok, This is me....

OK, folks....

I am the one standing in the corner.
In case you still can't pick me out, here is another picture...

images

I still need addresses for the following folks. If your name is in the list (below), could you please PM me an address to send the original scoresheets and any awarded medals?

Tuscon,
Rocky,
Neviawen,
KevinFifer,
Tom,
Rondezvous,
BerryCrush

Yes, from me, too. Thanks to all the judges and contestants. It was lots of fun. I don't feel bad at all winning just a silver amongst all these fine wine makers. Best group anywhere!

I salute you all!

Big thanks to John and Joe for the contest it was was a lot of work for them I'm sure. :b
Address sent

Greg

Thanks again for putting this together. I was not optimistic about my entry but the results far exceeded my expectations. Great ego boost!! And congratulations to all who entered. I am anxious to do another.

:try

Wow! I won 3 silvers! I didn't think I would win anything. I guess all the tips I've learned over the years from all the great winemakers on this site has paid off. :)
Thank you JohnT and Josewine for organizing the contest. Also, thanks to all their judges. You guys are awesome. :)

All the best,
Neviawen

Big bold red

JOHNT I SENT PMS TO KEVIN AND TUSCON TO FORWARD ADDRESSES TO YOU.....................................................:try

Big bold red

I'M PROUD OF TUCSON AND NEVIAWEN FOR YOUR SHOWINGS AS WELL AS SOME OTHERS WHO HAVE LEARNED TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX ,TILL THE NEXT EVENT.:try

Big bold red

JOHNT I WILL OPEN THE RESILING TONIGHT,TO ALL THE BIG RED AND BOLD CONTESTANTS,HERE'S THE QUESTION, HOW MANY OF YOU MAKE A WHITE WINE????????? AND WHAT STYLE??WHERE ,TAKING A SENSES PLEASE HELP OUT,THANKS JP......:dIF YOU MAKE 5 THEN LIST 5,IF YOU HAVE 1 ,THEN LIST THE ONE ,OKAY,THANK YOU ..:a1

I have made several in the last year. All tweaked in one way or another.

1: WE Mezza Luna White
2: WE LE 2013 Pacific Quartet
3: WE Vinter's reserve Pinot Grigio (My favorite, I just ordered another)
4: WE world vineyard Trintiy White
5: WE Vinters Reserve Angel Blanco
6: Clearing now, WE Eclipse Sonoma Dry Creek Chardonnay.

Will there be a Weak White contest?

Yes, I love white wine. I make mostly white wines, often blended with fruit from my yard. In whites I currently have Gewurtztraminer, muscato, Pinot Gregio, Chardonney. Soave Classico, and a lime/white cranberry blend I call Margarita Mania. The Chard and Soave are just into secondary but the Geweutztraminer is my favorite. I added gooseberries, and it is a wonderful blend. Also Joe I learned so much from you. Most of my wines also have white raisins or zante currants as appropriate plus a couple bananas. I'm exited to find out soon how the pawpaws I added to the Chard will turn out. I'm calling that one PawPaw Donnez.

Pam in cinti

Sorry, forgot to say that all the above are juice buckets except for the Margarita Mania made from Ocean Spray white cranberry juice plus Limeade concentrate.

Also forgot my one white Kit. Wine Expert Luna Bianca, which I tweaked with Hungarian Oak and a splash of Tartaric Acid. This is NOT a wine for the weakhearted. I often blend it with my Pinot Gregio and I think the blend is better than either alone.

Pam in cinti

Last edited:
Great whites

JOHNT I WILL OPEN THE RESILING TONIGHT,TO ALL THE BIG RED AND BOLD CONTESTANTS,HERE'S THE QUESTION, HOW MANY OF YOU MAKE A WHITE WINE????????? AND WHAT STYLE??WHERE ,TAKING A SENSES PLEASE HELP OUT,THANKS JP......
drunk.gif
IF YOU MAKE 5 THEN LIST 5,IF YOU HAVE 1 ,THEN LIST THE ONE ,OKAY,THANK YOU ..
anyone.gif
THAT'S 3..........

JOHNT I WILL OPEN THE RESILING TONIGHT,TO ALL THE BIG RED AND BOLD CONTESTANTS,HERE'S THE QUESTION, HOW MANY OF YOU MAKE A WHITE WINE????????? AND WHAT STYLE??WHERE ,TAKING A SENSES PLEASE HELP OUT,THANKS JP......
drunk.gif
IF YOU MAKE 5 THEN LIST 5,IF YOU HAVE 1 ,THEN LIST THE ONE ,OKAY,THANK YOU ..
anyone.gif
THAT'S 3..........
Joe, you are repeating yourself and YELLING! Please tone it down!

Back