Big and Bold Competition (unofficial)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big and bold reds

you know people not much was said but you have some very classy as well as original labels, just thought I mention it, but lets stay on the wine, that's a whole different thread................:HB

Good point Joe!

I should have mentioned this sooner.

The labels were amazing. Very professional looking.

We especially liked one (and I can not remember who's label it was) of a classy 1930's nude. Simply stunning!

John and Joe, I am shocked that you have not made mention of my labels! Although I take a minimalist view of them, they are simple, straightforward, economical and fully informative. :)

I finally got home and checking the mail was the highlight of my day. So happy !!!! I'm still digesting the results and love reading the notes. There is a wealth of wisdom there. I am so glad I sent entries. Thank you judges!!! All of you.
ImageUploadedByWine Making1415161999.739096.jpg

Sent from my iPad

Okay, okay! Here are my pictures. Now, fair warning, I have copyrighted these labels so don't let me see anyone pirating them! :)

As is obvious, I take the minimalist approach to labeling. Chester Gould (creator of "Richard" Tracy) was my favorite comic strip artist. It is not due to lassitude or laziness. I do make special labels ad hoc if I am giving wine for a special occasion but for the majority of my wine bottles which pass their all too brief lives on my shelves before making the "last walk" to the kitchen or dining room, a fancy label serves no purpose. All I need to know is what the bottle contains.

That said, if there is a competition for the "best label" my competitive nature and artistic training (Art Institute of Pittsburgh) will compel me to enter.

100_0745.jpg

Yeah, Lori, I am really proud of them. You can see the evolution in the labels from the simple Amarone from 2011 to the Ricetta and Gourmet Select bottled in 2013. This is a result of countless hours of design work, marketing surveys and many sleepless nights wondering if I got it right. I truly appreciate your approbation.

Mike, I literally laughed out loud (LOL) when I read your post. Thanks.

I remember the double Windsor knots, about the size of a '53 Buick front end, with the "Mr. B" collars, pegged pants, DA haircuts, pink and mint green shirts, knitted ties, spade shoes....ah, the good old days (when I had hair).

John and Joe, I am shocked that you have not made mention of my labels! Although I take a minimalist view of them, they are simple, straightforward, economical and fully informative. :)

Rocky your labels are works of art compared the the blue painter's tape on my bottle. My wife gave me lots of grief for sending the wine in that way. You know the story I made this wine for my son's wedding and my daughter in law desinged and had the labels made and I thought it a bit presumptous to call it Reserve. But now since it was so well recieved I wish I had reserved a few more bottles. :slp

TheMedal.jpg

here is mine, still have a question on notes it says: definite pea?h The letter in question could be a c, r or a lower case L If anyone has any idea what this could be, please let me know or maybe a lil to much testing:dg:)
thanks

100_1820.jpg

Thanks for the medal. :db Here's my picture.

View attachment 18880

View attachment 18881

THAT'S the ONE!!!

If we had a special category for labels, for some reason this would get my vote.

How classy and elegant!

Really nice photos of your wine. I really like how you have them arranged on the barrel head. It is almost like.. "wine in its native habitat".

Back