Big and Bold Competition (unofficial)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am amazed at the lack of Trash Talking surrounding this contest. The first contest, half of the fun was the trash talking surrounding it. I think that because this is a Big and Bold Red wine competition that the contestants must be a bit more sophisticated or are just resigned to the fact mine is going to take gold!

Since my oldest entry is 13 months old, I'm pretty sure I'm not a super contender. However, I hope there is a label award. I probably could take that on at least one of my entries. Only the finest Designer duct tape goes on my bottles.

I am starting to think was just a scam by John et al to get 40-50 bottles of wine………..

He is probably sleeping in the easy chair with a few opened bottles watching a football game. :sl

Well folks, the judging has been completed and the accounting firm is adding up the results which will be posted Monday morning. The entries were found to be collectively outstanding!

I'm excited to get some opinions on my craft. But I have to wait all the way till Monday? Is PricewaterhouseCoopers closed on Saturday?
I would like to thank ALL of you who put this together and even traveled 2 hours to taste, spit and give us feedback. I hope everyone survived.

Sent from my iPad Air because I spilled wine on my MacBook. Waaaah! :(

Event Pictures

Folks, Here are some pictures of the grand event.

We had a total of 6 judges. We started tasting at 2pm and the judging lasted almost 3 hours.

IMG_20141018_142750_343.jpg

IMG_20141018_142803_654.jpg

IMG_20141018_161020_090.jpg

IMG_20141018_161057754_HDR.jpg

IMG_20141018_161447.jpg

IMG_20141018_162206.jpg

Need addresses

Folks,

I once again can not stress how impressed I was with the all over level of quality throughout the competition. It was truly an honor and privilege to taste that which you all worked so hard to produce.

The competition went swimmingly. The only hiccup was that I failed to record everybody's addresses. I would ask that all participants to please PM me your address. I will be mailing out the score sheets (with comments on back) to everyone that entered along with any awarded medals.

A list of awarded medals will be posted shortly.

Last edited:
Woo hoo! I made a showing this time. :D
Big congratulations to:
Boatboy, Enologo, IBglowin, Rocky, TonyT and Tuscan for taking home some GOLD.

Thank you John and Joe for taking the time to promote and judge such a fun contest. You have given me hope that maybe I can do a decent wine.

Latest posts

Back