AAASTINKIE is HERE!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my grandchildren are boys except for Lilly..lol
My sweetheart and I got some cross country skiing in while I was on vacation last week, here we are with Sugarloaf mountain in the background, we were on their cross country trails and had a great time!!

20080108_074623_surarloaf_jan_6.jpg

Unfortunately Stinkie, the snow will keep coming for another few months! We are in our dry cycle now. We only generally get quick 2-3 inch snows for another month now then as the jet stream moves back north, we get another month with heavier snows. You guys can have the heavier snows and enjoy them. Go skiing!

We only get a little bit of snow per year, so I'll live my snow dreams through you Frank!

LOL, yes Wade, I am from Canada, but I live on the west coast, in New Westminster. This is an old city that is part of Metro Vancouver. I'm actually only about 20 miles from the US border, and living on the pacific ocean has its advantages. Our heat is regulated by the ocean, so while we don't usually have blistering summers, we also don't get very cold winters either. We may get about 2 weeks total snow per year, and the rest is rain. RAIN RAIN RAIN....it's quite dreary and gray most of the time from October until March, with very little sunshine. I'm originally from the prairies, and we got our share of snow growing up, but here on the coast, we get nothing. I have the exact same weather that Seattle and Portland get.

Ahhhhhhh, I didnt think there was such a thing as that in Canada. Learn something new every day!

MY GOODNESS IF WE EVER GOT THAT KIND OF SNOW HERE IN NEW JERSEY<YOU WOULDN'T FIND THE ENTIRE STATE UNTIL THE SPRING!

They were skidding wood up the road so I bought 10 cord of wood for a good price (70 per cord) I didn't know 10 cord was such a big pile!!!! Time for some winter fun!! It will be nice to get the shed full before summer so I don't have to work on it this summer.
20080127_132858_firewood_10_cor.jpg

The nice thing about that wodd Frank is that it won't take a lot of hard splitting. A strike or two with a maul and it will pop in two and should be about the right soze. Only a few larger pieces. Looks like mostly maple and a few yellow birch. Nice score.

I don't think I'd stand quite that close to it!!!
smiley3.gif
Rita, step away from the woodpile!

I asked Frank on the phone....where do yo start with a pile like that...don't want to get burried in the woodpile.

Be Careful Frank!!!

Ramona

That ought to keep you warm for awhile! Girls, those piles are more stable then you think.

Latest posts

Back