AAASTINKIE is HERE!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a pickup load of compost today, Rita and I planted 2 new apple trees. This gives me 13 trees, I just started taking care of them last year so they should start producing in a few years, but they all had blossems this year except one tree.

20080601_142118_tomatoes_apples.jpg

I also made tomatoe planters from 16" fiberglass pipes with cages that should last a lifetime, also in the picture we put tires filled with compost on some felt and my new Toyota Yaris (40 MPG) is in the background.

20080601_142911_tomatoes_apples.jpg

appleman said:
Sounds like somebody is living "Green". Great ideas for recycling Stinkie. What are you planting in the tires?

The tire will have cukes, summer squash, and maybe some peppers, I had to stop posting for a while, we had lobster fest for dinner...lobsters are priced right this time of year, I bought a 3 lb'der for my sweetheart and 4 small ones for me with 2 lbs. of steamers, took a while to eat dinner, was good with Cabernet sauvingnon for Rita and an Irish Stout for me.

appleman said:
Sounds like somebody is living "Green". Great ideas for recycling Stinkie. What are you planting in the tires?

The tire will have cukes, summer squash, and maybe some peppers, I had to stop posting for a while, we had lobster fest for dinner...lobsters are priced right this time of year, I bought a 3 lb'der for my sweetheart and 4 small ones for me with 2 lbs. of steamers, took a while to eat dinner, was good with Cabernet sauvingnon for Rita and an Irish Stout for me.

20080601_162844_seafood_dinner_.jpg

It must be great living there in Maine with all the seafood. I love what seafood I can eat, but lobsters and crabs are out of the question. How are the hops coming along this year? I saw you planted some more.

This is one of two Stainless Steel tomato planters I made, last years hops are in the background, growing like weeds, they are 8 feet tall already!!

20080601_165336_tomatoes_apples.jpg

Frank, What is the purpose of the tires. If I used them here the plants would probably ignite!!! 98 on my thermometer today. You are so ingenious.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Great looking planter. That should really last for many years. You will need a ladder for those hops. That's great! Hope they bear well for you and the weather agrees for a good harvest.

rgecaprock said:
Frank, What is the purpose of the tires. If I used them here the plants would probably ignite!!! 98 on my thermometer today. You are so ingenious.
I just wanted to make raised beds for growing and I always have a few tires laying around, they will heat up and help things grow faster up hear in the cold, and the paper machine felt from work will keep the veggy's off the dirt.

20080602_062855_tomatoes_apples.jpg

Ramona

I'm thinking once you make good wine you might as well try for some great vinegar, my first try with 1 gallon of pinot noir diluted to 2 gallons of starter and primed with braggs. After it becomes vinegar I'm going to put it on oak chips for the winter.
20080630_030701_vinegar_007_Med.jpg

PS Did I tell ya this is the GREATEST woman in the world, and I'm going to marry her soon!!

"it don't get no better than this"

20080630_031836_birds_on_deck_0.jpg

Opps, let me rephrase that, she's going to marry me, I wanted to marry her a long time ago, I knew when I met her she was the one!!

Frank I hate to mention this, but you have that deer caught in the headlights look in that picture
smiley36.gif

Seriously though, Congratulations to the both of you. You deserve each other, even if you get the better end of the deal.

Better get the Wedding Wine going if it isn't already aging!

Frank and Rita,

Congratulations!!!!! I'm so glad that you are both so happy.I would love to be at your wedding. Are you still thinking of Monhegan Island?

Have you set a date!!!

Ramona

Latest posts

Back