AAASTINKIE is HERE!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wade said:
Geat job Frank, how does she like yor beverages?

How do you think he got her 12 miles out in the ocean in a rubber dingy????
smiley4.gif

JW,

Half the people you know are above average too. Unless you're contributing to this forum in which case all the people you know are above average. (do we have to go live in Wisconsin?)

Very cool Frank, Do you have to treat these plants like grape vines by pruning and cutting back? About how many hops are needed to brew a batch?

Looking good Frank and when can we expect to see a batch brewing with fresh homegrown hops?

Speaking of beer did you try the Maple Porter yet?Edited by: masta

The vines die back every year and start over the next.
I still have to figure out when to pick them and dry them.
Maple Porter, a little too strong for my tastes, but my son drank it.

The hops look great. I can't wait to move to my new house and plant some next Spring. What side of the building did you plant the vines? I assume they like direct sunlight as much as possible.Edited by: dfwwino

Yhey are on the south side of the garage, but only get direct sunlight in the afternoon due to a huge maple tree, but they are doing great, I didn't prepare the soil very well so they are a tough plant.

I picked some of the Cascade Hops today and am drying them in my food dryer, one trays worth.

20070903_105802_pick_and_dry_ho.jpg

The hops look great. So how many ounces did you pick? Should be enough for quite a few batches of beer.I wish I could taste a pale ale with those hops.

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, have fallen in LOVE big time!! Plus I have been working 7 days a week for 6 weeks and a 15 day shutdown starts tonight, but after this 15 nights things should go back to normal, 3 days on 3 days off, I had 3 days off this week and my girl, Rita, and I went to camp and went hiking, also ate well, Steamers and King Crab legs.
problem loading pictures right now.
</font></font>

Glad your finally get some time off there Frank, have you brewed a btch with those hops yet?

AHHhhhh...... Love.........

The things it will do to a man..............

Been there......... done that.............. wait a minute....... Still doing that....
smiley36.gif

Glad things are going so well for ya Frank

Latest posts

Back