A Christmas picture Idea!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Christmas was fantastic also..

Friends and family
christmastree2006.jpg

An oven roasted turkey with dressing
DSCN0024.jpg

All the trimmings and some good wine
DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

As NW would say......It just don't get no better than this.Edited by: Waldo

Sorry, folks!

I'm afraid I goofed up
smiley9.gif
and should have posted the picture I posted at the "what do you want for Christmas" poll, here. Oops. Now, you'll have to go THERE (or Masta, you'll have to switch it!)

Okay (editing) I'll do this -- can you guess what Santa brought the children???
smiley36.gif

20061226_172617_IMG_1246_Auto_S.jpg
Edited by: OilnH2O

OilnH2O said:
Sorry, folks!

I'm afraid I goofed up
smiley9.gif
and should have posted the picture I posted at the "what do you want for Christmas" poll, here. Oops. Now, you'll have to go THERE (or Masta, you'll have to switch it!)

Okay (editing) I'll do this -- can you guess what Santa brought the children???
smiley36.gif

20061226_172617_IMG_1246_Auto_S.jpg

Now they can call Santa direct......Was that a carboy I saw you unpacking? Santa left that at your house in error so just ship it on down here to where it was sposed to go
smiley4.gif

Appleman: You have my tree topper thingy............. I don't know how, but we had oone just exactly like that one for many years till about 3 years ago and we can't find it anywhere. We have a few boxes with Christmas stuff in it and it's nowhere to be found. I have searched everywhere for another one, but can't find one like it, with the 2 bells, one on each side. If you ever see one for sale anywhere, let me know, I'll pay ya to get it and shipping cost.

Thats a really nice family you have and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Waldo, love your post but mostly I just love that picture of you and you wife. One can't help but look at that picture and see the love between the two of you, how precious. Hope you had a wonderfull xmas.

Judging by that spread on the table and the bottle of wine selected with, My guess would that yesterday went just FINE!

Waldo, if that carboyIS yours then I guess I'll have to do right by it and you, and get something in it quick to insure its proper-seasoned.
smiley2.gif

I'd hate for you to think it was all skunky 'n musty when you come 'n get it, if it just sets here empty. So until then, I'll insure nothing non-winey will contaminate it-- like plain ol' air. Tell you what, if it takes awhile for you to get here, I'll just bulk age something t'other in it so's it will stay primed.

I've got an un-oaked chardonnay in the primary that's about 6-7 days gone and ready for racking so I'll make sure that your carboy doesn't sit around loafin'!
smiley4.gif

And Wade, yes, Santa DID bring me the paperwork for the monthly bill -- as Santa's wife said, it's the Christmas present that keeps on giving!
smiley36.gif

That be mighty nice of ya Oil...taking care of my carboy like that. I'll be foprever beholden to ya podner. Edited by: Waldo

That's funny Jobe, the tree top just magically appeared about 3 years ago on top of the tree Christmas morning!

Really though, we've had that since before we were even married. We had our own tree at her Mom and Dad's house in their family room and got that for the top. It is still in pretty good shape after all this time(about 30 years). We still have the original box it came in. We've used it most years except a couple when the kids made treetop ornaments in school. Naturally we had to use those then. Good luck finding one. I haven't ever seen another one like it!

jobe05 said:
Waldo, love your post but mostly I just love that picture of you and you wife. One can't help but look at that picture and see the love between the two of you, how precious. Hope you had a wonderfull xmas.

Thank jobe..We have a truly wondeful and special relationship. The two ladies pictured under us are Cindi and Lisa, both special needs ladies who live with us full time. The lady and baby to our right is a very close friend of ours ( Tina) and her grandbaby. The two right above us is ourt son and daughter an the other two pictured are Kathys brother and Mom

Ahhh, gee, Waldo! What are friends for!

Why, I got right on it and racked the unoaked chardonnay into your carboy this morning!
smiley20.gif

Now that chardonnay is bubbling away at about 120/minutewith a 1/2 inch of foam on top and smells guuuudd!
smiley2.gif

OilnH2O: Are you going to stir it up ever 2 or 3 days for 30 days to get that buttery taste? I did that on a french Chardonnay before and it made a HUGE difference. The kit I got for xmas, Im going to do it the same way.

Back to the christmas tree topper: We have had ours for about 25 years. Breaks my heart that I can't find ours, or an exact duplicate to purchase. It just seems like the only topper that looks normal on the top of a tree............. Someday maybe I'll run across another one.

Hey Jobe, Check Ebay under Vintage Christmas tree toppers. There looks to me like a few that are similiar!

<H1 =itemTitle>Jobe, Wade was right- put in the following in a search at Ebay and there is one very similar-this one has red bells, mine are gold. It's at about $15.</H1>
<H1 =itemTitle>vintage ANGEL hair &amp; CHRISTMAS bells tree TOPPER </H1>

This in no way endorses Ebay or any of it's policies.

I have used Ebay at least 100 times and only had 1 problem as a crystal
decanter got chipped but we had insurance on it and the monet was
refunded quickly. Just try to pay by check or money order as I know
they started to have problems awhile back.

Thanks guys: There are three of them on there right now, I put them all in my watch items. There is a red one with gold bells, which is the one I want, however the other ones look pretty neat also............ Just may have to get all of them since they are so hard to find.

Thanks again.

jobe05 said:
OilnH2O: Are you going to stir it up ever 2 or 3 days for 30 days to get that buttery taste? I did that on a french Chardonnay before and it made a HUGE difference. The kit I got for xmas, Im going to do it the same way.

I just bottled my 'buttery chardonnay' today (see that post on the kit forum) and was going to do this one "straight" but I must admit I was so pleased with taste from the "batonage" and "sur de lies" method that I may just do it again!

Latest posts

Back