Fall 2018 crush and pictures.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size barrel is that? I've got my '17's in a 30 gallon M+ St. Martin, been in there about a year so far, barely starting to detect some oak, really expecting some great results.

Appears to be the same one I’m grabbing too. One of the only French barrels available in smaller than a 30gal to US customers was the Saint Martin 55L.

What size barrel is that? I've got my '17's in a 30 gallon M+ St. Martin, been in there about a year so far, barely starting to detect some oak, really expecting some great results.

Wow
Was it new?
Hoping to get some nice French taste into my wine. I have 60 gallons of Cab so was thinking 6 months turns on each run. Might need to go 6 months then 8 months

Wow
Was it new?
Hoping to get some nice French taste into my wine. I have 60 gallons of Cab so was thinking 6 months turns on each run. Might need to go 6 months then 8 months

Yes, brand new barrel, been a year so far and still waiting for the oak to show up in force. The '17s are a blend, 66% Cab, 16.5% Merlot, 16.5% Petite Sirah. This year I did straight Cab, very soon it's going into a 60 gallon Alain Fouquet M+ Margaux barrel......I'm guessing for close to 2 years based on what I'm seeing from this 30 gallon St. Martin.................

Back