Fall 2018 crush and pictures.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my plan but I just finished helping crush 16 ton at Bull Run Winery. They are getting grapes in from Cali and some from Washington State. I'm probably going to see if I can get Washington State grapes off them. They have 20 ton coming Tuesday and will help with that as well.

OK, you're killing me. What are they getting and any chance they want to give up 100 lbs or so?

Assume you're talking the Bull Run Winery next to the battlefield.

That was my plan but I just finished helping crush 16 ton at Bull Run Winery. They are getting grapes in from Cali and some from Washington State. I'm probably going to see if I can get Washington State grapes off them. They have 20 ton coming Tuesday and will help with that as well.

OK, you're killing me. What are they getting and any chance they want to give up 100 lbs or so?

Assume you're talking the Bull Run Winery next to the battlefield.

The grapes yesterday came in half ton bins. I don't know why I didn't ask him yesterday. It's probably not the Washington State coming in on Tuesday. I'll try to get more info today.

The grapes yesterday came in half ton bins. I don't know why I didn't ask him yesterday. It's probably not the Washington State coming in on Tuesday. I'll try to get more info today.

Merlot and Cab Franc. I told him about 500 lbs of Cab Franc. I want 200 and thought others may want some as well. I just texted back and told him if the price is right maybe a half ton.

Merlot and Cab Franc. I told him about 500 lbs of Cab Franc. I want 200 and thought others may want some as well. I just texted back and told him if the price is right maybe a half ton.

What, no Red Mountain Cab? :p. Keep me posted. Where are they from in WA?

What, no Red Mountain Cab? :p. Keep me posted. Where are they from in WA?

He told me it was too late to order another bin and doesn't have enough to sell a large quantity. I'm hoping to get 150 lbs. I can try for 200 so we can make 5 gal each if you like. I'll see him again on Tuesday. We will be crushing 20 ton.

He told me it was too late to order another bin and doesn't have enough to sell a large quantity. I'm hoping to get 150 lbs. I can try for 200 so we can make 5 gal each if you like. I'll see him again on Tuesday. We will be crushing 20 ton.

Get what you need. I'll just come by for a sip. :)

120 lbs. Marquette...our first harvest. No crusher, so we did it the hard way; raked them over a grate to get a fair amount of whole berries.

Attachments

• IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2468.JPG
    IMG_2468.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1339.jpeg
    IMG_1339.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5768.JPEG
    IMG_5768.JPEG
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5772.JPEG
    IMG_5772.JPEG
    3.9 MB · Views: 61
Pressed the wine this Saturday (yesterday). It all went well and only took about 2 hours to complete and another 4 hours to celebrate. Total yield off of 36 lugs was 319 liters.

I don't think I've ever seen your winery from that angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW....if anybody has a need for restaurant quality equipment and your not in a rush...Im usually pulling my companies equipment out of failed restaurants in nyc a few time a week..they usually auction off the entire contents of these places and equipment can be had on the cheap....got a 90 bottle rack from a nice wine bar for 20 bux last month...check live auction websites for places in your area

Latest posts

Back